Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Jun-2005, 15:44
Big Twin

Snetterton Tumble ...

Well, it had to happen sometime I guess. I found a patch of slippery stuff on Riches corner at the end of the start/finish straight on the last lap of session 2. A 748 had come down on it's left side there shortly before and left some coolant (apparently). I do know who, but he can tell his own story if he wants to. ****, happens as they say!

Also another blue bike down after me, but i have no idea who it was or whether he was OK? Anyone know?

Lessons learnt:
1) Coolant is slippery stuff! I never knew that.
2) Don't rely on any advance warning from mashalls - not a yellow (nor low adhesion) flag in sight, before/during nor after 3 of us ended up on the floor there! (unless anyone knows otherwise, I might have missed it) Having said that ... at the 3 track days I have done at Cadwell this year the marshalls have been very proactive with their warnings. My mistake, I was lulled into a false sense of security I guess.

The good news is that there is not much wrong with my bike! The race fairing proved to be a good idea after all the hassle earlier in the year, and the R&G crash bung kept it off the clutch etc. There was only minor damage with a bar end, front brake lever (£15 from eBay), rear brake pedal (£7-50 from dealer), graze to clutch cover (can be tidied up) and grazed underside of footpeg (might leave it for 'carpark banter'). Tank was untouched as were wheels, forks, swingarm etc. For a bike that slid on it's side about 50ys without me, that is a minor miricle I reckon!

As for me, a bruised ankle and a scuffed knee of my leathers and a scuffed helmet. The ankle is 'delecate', but getting better, rapidly.

Roll on TA4 at Cadwell!
Old 27-Jun-2005, 15:46
Dibble

pah, bit of T-cut .. sorted .... glad you are ok mate.
Old 27-Jun-2005, 15:48
Big Twin

Not even much to T cut really! Never got the fairing painted so that is the white gel coat
Old 27-Jun-2005, 15:49
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Henry,

Had no idea you'd come off, bugger, you need to change that avatar, unless someone fell after you... the new muppet!

Seriously though, glad you're OK, bike doesn't look bad at all, very lucky all round
Old 27-Jun-2005, 15:50
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Pffff! I've done worse than that just putting the bike in the garage!

Don't think you'll be getting a muppet avatar for this one...
Old 27-Jun-2005, 15:52
Big Twin

Do I qualify for the muppet?

Dunno ... you tell me!

I only just got rid of the OSC avatar too!

[Edited on 27-6-2005 by HW]
Old 27-Jun-2005, 15:54
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I think the Blue bike you refer to was my mates younger brother Henry who had joined us for the day on his Buell Firebolt.
Thankfully he was unhurt and the crash bungs saved a lot of potential damage, limiting the damage to a broken footpeg, fr. brake lever and the headlight/fairing mount (Magnesium costs about £200 apparently but can be braced for now).
He did another session on my 916 and quite liked having a slipper clutch for the downshifts at the end of the straights.
Old 27-Jun-2005, 15:54
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
Pffff! I've done worse than that just putting the bike in the garage!

Exactly. Good recommendation for R&G crash bungs then me thinks!
Old 27-Jun-2005, 15:55
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
I think the Blue bike you refer to was my mates younger brother Henry who had joined us for the day on his Buell Firebolt.
Thankfully he was unhurt and the crash bungs saved a lot of potential damage, limiting the damage to a broken footpeg, fr. brake lever and the headlight/fairing mount (Magnesium costs about £200 apparently but can be braced for now).
He did another session on my 916 and quite liked having a slipper clutch for the downshifts at the end of the straights.

Ah right, thanks. Glad he was OK.
Old 27-Jun-2005, 15:55
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Who was the last crasher on the track day? They get the muppet award ...

Unlucky Henry! Glad you're ok and the bike isn't badly damaged, I'd say you got off quite well! Nice one