Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Jan-2012, 15:43

Arrow What rubber is your 1000DS wearing?

Hi everyone. My first post here.

I have always fitted my sports touring bikes with Bridgestone Battleaxes & the occasional pair of Pilot Roads.

This is my first Multistrada & I don't think the previous owner went over 80 degrees of lean. Still, she needs some new shoes & I'm wondering what the more experienced owners use.

Thanks in advance. I'll be riding in all conditions & covering a LOT of miles so dual compound is preferable. I'm open to suggestions.

amadeus hellequin
Old 16-Jan-2012, 16:48
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Riding my Hypermotard every day to work - a round trip of 76 miles - means that longevity was the first consideration, with performance second, when I put new tyres on mine.

I went for Pirelli Diablo Strada given that these are more on the touring end of the Diablo market rather than the sporty end, and I have to say that I'm very impressed with them! I've spent since June '11 riding on them, have even done a trackday at Cadwell on them where I had no issues (except with my own riding style sliding the rear around!) so I would recommend them for those who want the extra mileage. They are wearing nicely now (the bike has just passed 14K miles) with no signs of premature wear.

I picked up a pair (120/70ZR17 & 180/55ZR17) for £165 brand new mail order which was a bargain!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 16-Jan-2012, 21:18
GTL

Mood: ten, nine, eight oh bu**er lets go!
Always used Diablos on mine after the Syncs were worn out, great tyres wet or dry, only just over 4k miles out of a rear, but depends how you ride of course!
Old 19-Jan-2012, 18:24
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteB
Always used Diablos on mine after the Syncs were worn out, great tyres wet or dry, only just over 4k miles out of a rear, but depends how you ride of course!

I've got Michelin PR3's on my 1200 Multi-brilliant tyre-even survived Cadwell last year.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 26-Dec-2012, 16:09
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
diablos

have been through various, but diablo strada has been good as was a set of michelin pilot roads.