Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Oct-2003, 17:31
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
I think I'll just do a search on EBAY for some table-tennis paddles, paint them luminous yellow and use them..

Will be simpler.

Rich, Think I'll take you up on that offer..need to see that lovely bike of yours. Will bell you when I think I can make it.

Gc
Old 03-Oct-2003, 17:49

Well, after last nights tinkering, all appeared well. No resistors and a slow steady blink. Went to work, all was fine. Rode home and all was fine. Flicked indicator on as I was turning into my drive way and presto - fast as fcuk!! Always seems to be the right hand side that is affected. As for the polarity, I don't think they can be that conscious as the pair I have on the front have two grey leads whereas the rears have black and white leads.
Old 03-Oct-2003, 21:38
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Wiggle stuff (technical terminology.) You've got a intermittent connection somewhere.

Whenever the front or rear bulb burns out in a directional light circuit the reduced load to the flasher unit will cause it to blink at twice the rate.

It's usually caused by corrosion in the bulb socket but also check for a bad connector or solder joint.
Old 15-Oct-2003, 19:49

Finally got to the bottom of my problem today.

Rear nearside gave up completely and put the front into warp speed. Did a bit of waggling and one of the leads came out of the indicator housing.

I then removed the indicator so that I could re-solder the lead to the lamp holder. When I had soldered the lead back, the other lead fell off. The wire is quite stiff and I assume that the vibes from the bike had shook the joints loose. I have now replaced the wire with much more flexible stuff and all seems well.

And there was me thinking it was going to be something I'd done wrong. Bloody shoddy workmanship!!