Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 15-Jul-2003, 18:57
Bevel Head

Mood: Stressed as usual!
Modifications

Have had feedback on covering the above.

Having spoken to underwriters, most mods can be accepted (there are some limits) and underwriters usually deal with this by applying a standard parts clause which limits the cost, where a part needs to be replaced, to the cost of the standard part.

The question is how much does a modification become worth when it has been put on a bike? Minor modifications such as carbon don't seem to make a huge amount of difference to 2nd hand values, sometimes the price is bought down on a comparable standard bike.

Another question - say a set of Marchesini or Marvic wheels were fitted, bike crashes and wheel is buckled - needs replacing - whats an acceptable settlement? Assume new Marchesini = £1600, S/hand £1000, Replacement standard Ducati Wheels = £not sure!

How much extra would you pay to cover modifications (main items, wheels, exhaust and forks) - on the above example:

Replacement as new addl £80
Indemnity (s/hand value) £50
Or contribution to value of standard parts only - no extra cost?

Look forward to hearing from you all!

http://www.insuremyducati.co.uk
Old 15-Jul-2003, 22:23
Mille

Mood: Who says im in a mood... ; )
Thanks Simon,

Iv'e sent you a U2U.

Kel
Old 22-Jul-2003, 18:52
Big Twin

Top tip for cheap insurance:

Dont get done for speeding!
Old 21-Oct-2003, 21:13
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
Just to say thanks for this great idea. Just saved about £200.00 using this method and will be using it for my car insureance when it's due.

Murray Mint
Old 20-Jan-2004, 13:38
Mille

Mood: Long on Duke's...so happy
Thanks from me too.......saved a lot of hassle and got Bos Rep 998s and Senna916 Insurance down from £562 to £399, with the same people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 20-Feb-2004, 11:54

Mood: hacked off
faxed Insurance System Q

Sounds like a great method, Please confirm my thoughts on this method. When you receive the 50 or so faxed replies, you then re-fax the cheapest to the rest of the companies, who then reply and try and beat the quote?

PS. How do i get a hold of that ' If only all things were this good ' macromedia flash picture which murray mint has...it is superb!!or is it a pic of the missus?
Old 20-Feb-2004, 13:14
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

What a fantastic thread.......

Its easy to see from the enthuiasm of the postings that everyone is tired of paying high premiums.

It stuns me to think that I've been riding over 20 years now (Jeez) and never, ever made a motorcycle claim - I reckon I could almost had a nice 998 in my garage by now!

It does strike me though that Ducati's (and spares) are relatively expensive and this is part of the price we sadly, have to pay.

My insurance is due in April and even though I'm very happy with Carole Nash insurance, I'm sure I'll be using some of the methods posted in here.

As a aside - before I got my Duke I insured my car with Norwich Union as they were the only insurer I could find who provided FREE motorcycle cover (third party obviously) for riding a bike not belonging to you.

Finally - I think Murrey mint did post his lovely boobs somewhere, cant imagine what u might search for though.

DJT
Tough luck mate, unless u know it was you its always worth checking - heard of a few cases of false ID recently.
IMHO - bang the insurance renewal in quick !!!

Frank
Old 21-Feb-2004, 11:26
Montjuic

I used this method as well last year (thanks Simon). I bought a second hand fax machine from work just for this purpose - if anyone nearby wants to borrow it, just let me know.

As well as saving money it also saved the hassle of ringing loads of companies and answering the same questions each time. Will definitely do it again!
Old 13-Sep-2004, 23:04
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
sounds like a great plan to me, i'll be filling it in and seeing if i can get my quote of £630 for a 748r down to something more reasonable

wheres the best place to get fax software for my pc too as i dont think i have it on my new pc

cheers
Old 27-Oct-2004, 23:02
Montjuic

Well.. no idea if this will work, but I am right now faxing my form to those companies.. worth a try.. I'll let you know what happens...!