Ducati Sporting Club UK
Alarms and Related Security
For the discussion of Alarms, Immobilisers, Trackers, Locks, Ground Anchors and other forms of motorcycle security.

Old 27-Feb-2005, 15:02

Mood: patiently waiting
Datatool System 3 Help!!

Can any one help with the fitting of a datatool system 3 alarm, I have bought a brand new in the box system that was apparantly made for Ducati UK to fit a 998 or ST4. I am attempting to fit it myself to my st4 with the aid of my son who is a thatcham approved installer for cars, I also have experience of Ducati wiring from my years as a motorcycle engineer although not on later models, so between us we have the knowledge to do this and make a neat job, what we don't have is a wiring diagram or explanation of what plug goes to what, can anyone help.

I appreciate it may not be worth fitting myself and I may well conceed and take it to a dealer.

[Edited on 27-2-2005 by stu-st4]
Old 27-Feb-2005, 15:35
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
From memory....one plug goes to the fuel pump - this fits in at the connector under the tank, the plugs are paired together with a male female combination to go in between the two halves of the plug at the tank.
The other pair fits in between the two halves of the plug from the right hand handlebar controls.
There is obviously the power feed and the led to sort out too and you will also have a loop which can be connected to an antitamper switch.
The best place I found for the motion detector was adjacent to the ECU under the seat with the detector aligned across the frame.
I may have the installation instructions somewhere...I'll have a look in the garage a bit later.
Hope this helps
Andy
Old 27-Feb-2005, 15:36
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
I have got the user guide (if any good) but not the wiring diagram.
Ducati Leeds fitted mine previously when I had one fitted they gave me everything but I have searched and can't find it so can only assume I gave it in when I did the trade in.

Why not try a friendly dealer, worst case is they say no we can't let you have one?
Old 27-Feb-2005, 15:38
Big Twin

Ooops, just found the instructions & mine is a Veto plus....
If the instructions are going to be a help, I can scan them & email them to you...U2U your email address.
Andy
Old 27-Feb-2005, 15:45
Big Twin

I've got the system 3 instructions.

I'll scan them and U2U a link for you to download them from.
Old 27-Feb-2005, 15:56
Big Twin

U2U sent.
Old 27-Feb-2005, 16:07

DSC members to the rescue, thanks alot guys,

Stu
Old 27-Feb-2005, 17:26

Still got a slight problem, this system came with the plugs already connected I think it has been fitted before, the colour coded sleeves have been removed so it is making it difficult to follow the wiring diagram we have. We have connected the loom to the fuel pump and we know where the wires for the micro switch and the indicators ect go, but we have one three pin plug left over that we can not work out, that alarm works but it does not arm itself after 30 secs, which indicates it is not sensing anything from the ignition switch wiring, we have tried the connect on left that comes out of the side stand and this does not work, any suggestions.

Stu
Old 27-Feb-2005, 18:57
Big Twin

Stu, is it a single 3 pin plug or a pair to go in between an existing plug similar to the fuel pump connection??
Old 27-Feb-2005, 19:05

Its a pair to go into the loom same as the fuel pump