Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-May-2004, 01:48
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Nearly there !!!!!

Well, I k now it doesnt like much, but this is the result of many hours cutting/sanding/fixing/skinned knuckles/swearing etc !!!!

Think its done...even cut a hole it so I can store my tools etc and access them under the seat....

Im quite chuffed...!! Thought I would post a picture so you can all see what it looks like before and after (when I get it back from the painters !)

Can I take this opportunity to publicly thank Kev (PITCREW), whose advice/help on the project has been invaluable - top bloke.

Cheers
Nat

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Nattyboy]
Old 10-May-2004, 01:49
Ducati in my Blood

One showing underseat storage access....

Nat
Old 10-May-2004, 08:15
Mille

Looking good Nat

Are you having the unit painted plain red or having number boards/ white stripe?

Good idea about having underseat access too, I really must sort out fitting a single unit on mine now.
Old 10-May-2004, 08:41
Ducati in my Blood

Std SP5 style C (see below)..want to keep it looking as std as possible (have sourced all the original stickers/bum pad etc too).

The guy whos painting it is superb..(hes won loads of competitions) hes just finished an 851 in black & gold with hand sprayed decals/white number boards front & back and its stunning...will take my camera thursday and get some shots for you.

Its up for sale too..ohlins front and back...around £3k..only thing is its been fitted with an SS motor !!

Looking good on the trackday girl !!!

Cheers
Nat

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Nattyboy]
Old 12-May-2004, 18:28
GTL

Nat

Just looked at your photo - where did you get the rear-sets from? They lok much better than the original "things"! Are they adjustable?

Andrew
Old 12-May-2004, 19:47
Ducati in my Blood

Hi Andrew..im not a big fan of the originals either..I mean....rubber footrests on a sports bike...!!!

These are Lucas rearsets, not adjustable, but superb quality...best source is german ebay, expect to pay around £150-£175

Cheers
Nat
Old 15-May-2004, 21:03
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
Rear Sets

Hi Natty
I know its a bit of a cheek but any chance of short blast on the T8 with those RS on as Im 6'1 and ive no idea if they would work with my lankyness.
ian
Old 16-May-2004, 01:08
GTL

Ian/Nat

Interesting point. What I'd really like in some rearsets is a little *more* legroom (I know that's not what they're usually for!). I've heard that Cyclecat make some adjustable rests, anyone know for sure if they fit?

Andrew
Old 16-May-2004, 22:48
Mille
Bikes: 2001 aprillia rsv mille

Mood: my sanity requires a bike
Hi guy's. it's looking good so far Nat, and just to follow on from the last 2 posts, I also find the T8 a little cramped since my leg operation. and could do with some rearsets that move my feet a bit further back, and as you have pointed out they are more in keeping with a sports bike.

Can't wait to see the post paint pictures Nat.

Take care all, Gordy.
Old 17-May-2004, 18:52
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
The guys on the american 8xx site are pushing Alex (Cyclecat) for some rear sets. Don't hold you breath, but he may succumb to pressure.

Rgds, Rob

Quote:
Originally posted by yellow916
Ian/Nat

Interesting point. What I'd really like in some rearsets is a little *more* legroom (I know that's not what they're usually for!). I've heard that Cyclecat make some adjustable rests, anyone know for sure if they fit?

Andrew