Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 13-Feb-2006, 20:11
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
John
Only you will know the answer in time, but I know you'll succeed at whichever series you put your mind to.

If it's a re-building season for you, stay with CB5's, that way you're only concentrating on getting back what you think you've currently lost (but really, you've only misplaced it a little!).

Best of luck however you go!
Old 13-Feb-2006, 20:48
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Why not give the 400`s a try, not so aggressive as the 600`s but in my mind more competative as it is more about you as a rider rather than the bike, plus I do think they are (tongue in cheek) more fun than 600`s, and a good confidence builder. just a thought.

Chris.
Old 14-Feb-2006, 01:26
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
John , stopping racing must be like stopping smoking,after all the years your have been doing it ,its in your blood. We all no you as a racer , a teacher , a all round good guy. Never the less, when we hear of an off which you say has been more often this year what's the reason. Pushing to hard, bad luck, unfavorable conditions, competitive oposition who knows. There comes a time in all competitors when you think about, do I need to keep doing this, not only for yourself but the family, Ive been through it . Its not a bad think to go side ways some times, you have lot to offer in the field of motor bikes which is some thing you will and can enjoy. There must be niggling doubt in you mind having to ask people on here. Maybe these are not the people to ask . family comes first John ask there . Sorry for been blunt. 4D
Old 15-Feb-2006, 13:53
Mille

Mood: Up For It!
Hi John,

Neither - you have already done it in CB 5's and as you rightly point out to be competitive in 600 club racing these days you need something with a spec that wouldn't disgrace a privateer World Supersport bike.

Sell the CB, buy a minitwin and come and join us in NG, a new challenge and experience and one that won't break the bank.

Following that sell everything and buy another Ducati to race S.O.T.

Whatever you decide good luck and above all else enjoy it!

If you fancy a chat at anytime u2u me and I'll forward my number.

All the best,
Old 17-Feb-2006, 16:11
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Thanks for all the posts, emails, U2U’s and phone calls and for the honesty and caring many of you have shown to me – despite all the utter nonsense in other posts, this is still a great club and I appreciate the friendship

Thought provoking posts from Weeksy, Fordie, Loz and especially Psychlist

So…….according to the advice given, my options are; give it up, 250’s, 400’s, 500’s, 600’s, 650’s and DD

Give it up – a very serious consideration, not just for racing, but bikes altogether – just not getting the buzz anymore. Racing been there done that, bored so move on…trackdays…I don’t know, Jerez didn’t do what it normally does, road riding, don’t do much anyway and even prefer to drive or get the train at the moment. Maybe need to find another source of interest.

250’s – loved riding Monty’s TZ. Agreed a price on a beautiful RS250 whilst in Jerez, but it didn’t give me the buzz I’d hoped for. Monty and I have spent many hours discussing racing his TZ, but it’s not an option, however I may have a little go on it later in the year.

400’s – considered changing my RVF into a trackbike, but sold it. Would have to buy a bike. Competitive class and the top bikes/front runners have spend loads on them.

500’s – loved it in the past, done well, know the bike and the scene, got one, just need to scrape the mud off it. Bored with it though and feel I’ve been there and want to progress, need a challenge

600’s – got a bike, would be ok for my level, cost me a lot – would I really want to rag it, I would be mid to back of the field, but may provide the stretch I need and improve my riding

650’s – considered it, my ex CB’s mate went to SV’s and loves it and it’s improved his riding, would need a bike but there are loads around

DD – thought about it many times and had the offer a few bikes, but I’ve done the one make cheap racing thing before and can’t see DD being any different to CB5’s, albeit, from what I’ve seen it’s a lot friendlier ON the track than CB5’s, but being part of the DD paddock off the track would be great, however I can still get that without entering

Don’t know what to do, so for want of anything else, I’ll stick to what I know and have loved in the past. I’ve sent off my entries for CB500’s, just to ensure I’m on the grid. Lot’s of new (fast) faces coming in this year and my times are slower than they were in 2002 so getting my excuses ready for not getting a top ten place. Racing has never been about winning for me though, it’s about the enjoyment, so if I can get a buzz from being 10th, then I’ve something to stretch for

Like Kev’s idea – enter CB’s and then do 600’s as an extra race to see if it’s any good. (getting an entry will be a problem mind you as usually oversubscribed), but will give it a try

I will be with the DD boys at Cadwell on 25 and 26 (racing both days), (on the CB5!!!)

So, I don’t know. I’ll see how the first outing goes and take it from there.

Thanks for your support

WeeJohnyB
Old 17-Feb-2006, 16:16
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
well done mate - decision made for starters at least

see you at Cadwell then

C
xx

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit