Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 06-Jul-2011, 22:52
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
wont this just be easy to 'buy' the championship? Ex WSB bike or similar, as used to be seen in SoT when I was following skids, not really a fair 'fight' with a ZXR750 or 916 bip.

The odd 996RS etc making it into club racing, certainly did move the bar, hence clubs like North Glos forming the Streetstock class to try and contain costs,

Could also have a class if there isn't one already for the olde Supersport bikes, basically the Pre injection and Steelie 600 classes but allow the 748s in, but then as several of us know a 748RS is not cheap to maintain

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 30-Aug-2011, 14:21
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
not sure if a silly question or not. But at club racing level (I'm thinking DD level here) is there that much of an disadvantage if one bike has 100hp and one has 110? or 120 v 130?

Clearly if I think about A v B there is, and some of the B bikes within the grid too, but 5 hp is 10% wheres as 10HP as you go up the scale becomes less and less...and isnt there onl;y so fast you can go thru a corner??!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit