Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 28-Sep-2006, 16:50
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
ANyone bought a place in Turkey - who know someone that has ?

Barbaras mum left her a bit of money when she passed away last year and shes quite keen on a place having gone on an inspection trip recently.

Have to say I had to eat some humble pie...I wasnt interested in going to Turkey in the slightest (especially after the bomb in Marmaris) - never fancied the place, but the place was stunning scenery wise, cheap living, and the turks are amongst the friendliest people ive met.

The place were interested in is on the bodrum penninsular - just be interested to hear some opnions as i'm 50/50 at the moment !!

Cheers
Nat

Last edited by Nattyboy : 28-Sep-2006 at 16:54.
Old 28-Sep-2006, 16:59
Big Twin

Mood: r
i did work other day for a customer who had a pad in turkey,liked it very much & was waiting for when they join the euro money game so he could make some big money.drawback was the flights (4 hours+). he said spain was to expensive to buy so he plumped for turkey. no regrets though.
Old 28-Sep-2006, 17:11
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

I keep seeing adverts on the TV for a big prospective owners event at the NEC but cant remember the date - might be worth checking out?

Likewise - I know someone who is looking into property in Bulgaria at the moment prior to their move into the 'euro.

F
Old 28-Sep-2006, 17:17
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
my money would be on croatia, in fact it is.
Old 28-Sep-2006, 17:37
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
I bought something recently in Eastern Europe and am looking to expand further.

Bulgaria and Romania are probably looking good now with their EU acceptance.

Belarus is still very cheap but, shall we say, politically unstable. As is the Ukraine.

Can't help with Turkey though ;-)
Old 28-Sep-2006, 20:34
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
I bought a turkey last December. It was very tasty and I have no regrets.

What was that? You said "in Turkey"? Oops! Let me see if I can be a bit more helpful then.

Property is unique in being the only asset class (apart from maybe art but that's debatable) that lives in both the investment and personal utility world.

If you're looking at it purely from an investment perspective then you have to compare the prospective returns (both rental income and capital appreciation) against your alternative returns. So within this, you need to bear in mind that the Lira has been all over the shop recently.

If you're buying for personal reasons then it boils down to how much you like the area, whether you are happy to keep going back there, how important is it to you that you have your own place there rather than renting or hotels - and it sounds like you've taken a shine to the place (I've never been so I wouldn't know).

Let's call a spade a spade - saying "I'm popping over to my place in Turkey" sounds a hell of a lot cooler than "I'm going up to Manchester to check on my student hovel".

NOW, I'll get my coat....
Old 28-Sep-2006, 20:35
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Think ive missed the boat with croatia price wise...the reasons for buying are to have a nice holiday home for the kids to grow up with but also an investment obviously. Went over to bulgaria for a look round but turkey would seem the better best from an investment/renting out point of view (all year sunshine whereas bulgaria is limited with its season - especially if you go up north towards Balcik)

Nat
Old 28-Sep-2006, 21:02
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I loved my time in Turkey and the people were fantastic and really friendly.

I'd quite happily go back, there's some VERY beautiful women there and of course Australia has an historic link to the place.
Old 28-Sep-2006, 21:02
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
You're clearly looking for a bit of validation so let me be the one to say "Go for it!"

You want the kids to grow up with it so it's a long term investment which are generally determined less by the return you get than the affordability of it now!

ps Do we get mates rates?
Old 28-Sep-2006, 21:06
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken
ps Do we get mates rates?

This Chicken fella is a thinker!