Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Nov-2005, 16:39

Ace, sounds like you are gonna have some fun! Please keep me up-to-date on your progress... Where are you located?
Old 13-Nov-2005, 16:53
Mille

yorkshire , west ,
Old 13-Nov-2005, 16:54
Big Twin

749S already has 14T on front sprocket, so I added 2 on the rear. It livened it up a hell of a lot. I ran it for half this year like that, and whilst it is much more responsive on the road it does run out of steam at the top end on the track. Depends what you're after I guess
Old 13-Nov-2005, 17:07
Mille

yep thats the name of the game, trial an error , 14 front seems good for999s road , i would think 14 f an 2 up on rear on 999 an excitin prospect interestin to see what the s tops out at with 14 on !
Old 13-Nov-2005, 18:02

I figure Im going to get the Termi's regardless of power difference etc. A Ducati is simply not a Ducati without Termi's :-p ... it would be nice to know what sort of power difference will achieve beforehand though.

York, West, is a bit of a ride from west London.... flag that idea
Old 13-Nov-2005, 18:10
Big Twin

I don't reckon I got any increase in peak power, but fitting the Termi itself (or it's ECU) increased the responsiveness and the midrange. That plus the sound make it worthwhile. Adding the Power Commander recently changed it again and it is now like a different bike to ride. You get used to a bike after a while, and I've had the 749s for 2 years now from new, so doing something that makes it feel "fresh" again makes a big difference to the experience.
Old 13-Nov-2005, 18:32
Big Twin

Mood: Avatar what Avatar
I have put the standard cans back on
As the plod said that nicked me I could here you coming half a mile away.
I guess Surrey police are not so forgiving
Still awaiting the summonds
Old 13-Nov-2005, 18:37

HW, yeah, I figured as much. However, I am looking to benefit from the reduced weight (approx 6kg's according to Daytona...??), i.e. power/weight ratio. Yeah, the power commander sounds like the 'must-have' after the Termi's. Happy 'fresh' riding :-D
Old 13-Nov-2005, 18:40

I've heard that about Surrey police. I've always been told to increase the gear, or put it in neutral during Police 'ride-by's ;-) Sorry to hear about the summons. Try contacting MCN to see if they can provide any advice - they're a helpful bunch they are...
Old 13-Nov-2005, 21:37
Big Twin

Is that Thames Valley area? We were stopped last year on a Sunday returning from a weekend of drinking and riding around Bletchley. It was a mass hold up in a village car park. Everyone was being pulled in for a "safety check". All out number plates and cans were checked to make sure they were "safe". No brakes, suspension or anything else was checked. A few tickets were handed out ... oh and a few leaflets about their website were given out to support the "safety check" excuse. That was when my mate on a Falco was told he could have been done twice, once for each can (discussed and debunked on another thread). I had totally standard bike at the time, apart from my dark visor which I flipped up when I saw us being waved in, and kept the helmut visor towards the ground in the carpark. Anyway, a year and 6000 miles later and I've managed to keep out of trouble.