Ducati Sporting Club UK
Alarms and Related Security
For the discussion of Alarms, Immobilisers, Trackers, Locks, Ground Anchors and other forms of motorcycle security.

Old 23-Apr-2004, 22:50
500SD

Spyball asleep!!

Hi all
I took the battery off my 888 Strada in December for storage. On refitting it yesterday, the alarm (Spyball Spam 140) passively armed, but would not disarm with any of the remotes. I've tried new batteries in the remotes (and the re-alignment procedure), but with no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Cheers.
Old 24-Apr-2004, 12:50
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
I've got a different spyball model to you so I dont know how much of this will be relevant.
Does it have an LED ,and if so is it flashing?,mine has a code number and you can use this code number by counting the flashes of the LED and using the key on/off as a break between the digits.
In mine you have to press the remote key TWICE if the alarm has sounded or if its hibernating.
Sometimes when its in sleep mode,I've forgotten its there and turned my ingnition on and left it on for a few seconds,this'll trigger the alarm which I can then disable normally.:P
Good luck.
Failing that you can always just undo the alarm from the electrical system,wont solve your problem but'll get you going.
Old 24-Apr-2004, 19:09
500SD

Cheers Dave.
The SPAM 140 has no LED, so I can't count the flashes. I've tried all kinds of combinations with the remote button too, but nothing helps. The alarm sounds if the ignition key is turned, but even that won't 'wake it up!' - it still won't respond to the remote. As you advised, I've just been down and disconnected it altogether. The bike starts now - but I'd quite like working alarm if possible!! (In saying that, my last bike had a Spyball fitted, and it was still nicked from my garage during the night! More bother than they're worth really!!)
Old 24-Apr-2004, 19:21
Big Twin

Mood: happy bike passed MOT
according to my manual the alarm automatically switches off if the bike is not moved for 5 days only the immobiliser remains active it wont respond to your transmitter as the reciever is OFF if this happens make sure everything on the bike is switched off press button 1 on your transmitter (should be the left one ) and HOLD while turning the igniton to the ON position this should reactivate the alarm
Old 24-Apr-2004, 23:35
500SD

Thanks Nigel
I'll try doing that - when I get the chance to reconnect the alarm! (It's a good job the bike's in the bl**dy garage though, and not stuck out on the Moors! Modern technology - ain't it wunnerful?)