Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Jan-2005, 11:34

Mood: tip top
nw200

hi all,after reading dseered thread,will attitudes change regarding the fitting of race exhausts,mine certainly has.
i have race cans on mine stamped and can be seen,i don't mind the fine and having to replace with the originals for a mot but the thought of a prohibition notice and a van ride home does.
i will be going to the nw200 this year and have been told that the carlisle to stranraer road is crawling with police,road side checks etc,and i don't fancy the holiday to be ruined with a van trip home,has anyone experienced had any probs on this road around nw200 time,thanks,stu.
Old 27-Jan-2005, 18:03
Mille

Mood: 748r god what a sight drool droo
no prob

ive been the last two yrs and not encountered any probs . yes there is plenty of plod but as long a you aint speeding or doing owt silly reckon you will be ok , ive got 50 mm on mine and not been stopped on that bit of road
Old 28-Jan-2005, 10:23

Quote:
Originally posted by steve bid
ive been the last two yrs and not encountered any probs . yes there is plenty of plod but as long a you aint speeding or doing owt silly reckon you will be ok , ive got 50 mm on mine and not been stopped on that bit of road

Thanks for the reply,you here alot of horror stories,looking good for the trip,stu.
Old 28-Jan-2005, 10:36
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
The police had a checkpoint at Girvan last year,on the ayrshire coast.
They stopped EVERY single bike and gave it the full DOT check,fortunately I was on my road legal ss750 as I had been told of these checks,they even commented on the mismatched fairing panels I had.
I could be wrong but I thought they also checked my headlight,which was a first.
So dont relax,this is a first hand experience in which bikes and only bikes were targetted,it put about 40 minutes on our journey too so if you've left it tight to catch your ferry you may regret it.
Old 28-Jan-2005, 11:25

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave G
The police had a checkpoint at Girvan last year,on the ayrshire coast.
They stopped EVERY single bike and gave it the full DOT check,fortunately I was on my road legal ss750 as I had been told of these checks,they even commented on the mismatched fairing panels I had.
I could be wrong but I thought they also checked my headlight,which was a first.
So dont relax,this is a first hand experience in which bikes and only bikes were targetted,it put about 40 minutes on our journey too so if you've left it tight to catch your ferry you may regret it.
Thanks dave i will give plenty of time for the ferry but being stopped and told no ferry for you mate van back home,does concern me,original pipes back on i think,stu