Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Jan-2005, 19:52
Montjuic

Mood: Love my Duke
Dark in now in the garage

Further to earlier posts, I picked up the 749 Dark today.

Was a bit worried about the impending poor weather, but after a frosty start, the sun duly put in an appearance, and all was well in the world

Really enjoyes my last ride in the benelli, it's a pity the factory have not fully developed the bike, and put suffiecnt infrastructure in place to service and support

Oh well.... onwards...

The formallities of PX and some cash delt with, it was out to take posession of the 749 Dark.

Very careful 60 miles home, trying really hard to exercise the working components, without due stress and within the running in limit

It's now tucked up in my garage, awaiting Sunday, when I will have a chance to give her a proper clean etc.

Further initial riding report s soon

Attached photo of the Dark next to the outgoing Benelli

[Edited on 22-1-2005 by Greybloke]
Old 22-Jan-2005, 19:55
Montjuic

Also..
Old 22-Jan-2005, 19:56
Montjuic

and....
Old 22-Jan-2005, 19:57
Montjuic

and while I was there saw this... nice
Old 22-Jan-2005, 19:58
Big Twin

Well done mate. Didnt realise you were doing the deal at OYB, I was there a couple of days ago!

How different is it to your old Benelli? Nice pics.

You'll spend many more pounds on bits and bobs yet!

Enjoy
Old 22-Jan-2005, 20:48
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally posted by khu996

How different is it to your old Benelli? Nice pics.

You'll spend many more pounds on bits and bobs yet!

Enjoy

Too early to tell, but much more responsive to steering input, I think handling will be superior. Can't comment about engine yet, but very free reving Brakes a- bloody - mazing, had to use them in anger within 10 miles of leaving the showroom.

Pictue this..... I'm going along a wide clear road with 50 mph limit, the road is wide you know the sort where there is room for easy overtakes even if oncomming trafic. 2 or 3 cars have passed me, and I'm naturally just taking it easy getting to know the bike. In the distance is a red bike, going quite slow, and positioned to the left. I check mirrors (useless) so check behind, signal and move to the right to overtakehim, as I get to about 20 feet from the clown he signals right, and immediately swerves across right infront of me WTF I know nothing is approaching me from behind so brake swerve, and narrowly miss him. I checked behind and he is completing a full U turn. To$$er ( BTW he was riding a Suzuki GSF something, the really ugly one.)

So very impressed with the responsive handling and brakes, have really not yet had time to have a real play yet.

I found OYB really very good, in both deal and customer service terms. They have a nice selection of new and used bikes, mine is a 04 which had been gathering dust in the warehouse, hence a good deal was available. Dont know if I will take the bike there for servicing as it's not the nearest dealer to me.

Cheers
Old 23-Jan-2005, 00:27
Mille

very nice mate
Just one thing they forgot to primer and paint it

Old 23-Jan-2005, 12:15
Big Twin

You could go for the all black look, a la ScottyB's bike (have a look in the Photos section). I think it looks pretty cool as it is.

Roll on the dark summer...
Old 23-Jan-2005, 19:59
Big Twin

Mood: happy
well done GB, very nice, get her run in then we will go for that blast, get to really understand her. ill take you on some nice winding roads, nothing manic just very grin factor
Old 31-Jan-2005, 22:16
Mille

Mood: Sparks will fly. If it keeps on
Hi Has the dealer still got your Benelli? What did they give you for it as i would like to make them a offer on it cheers