Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-May-2005, 22:49
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Lydden, this Bank Holiday Monday with No Limits

Anyone from the deep south up for this one? No Limits are there for the first time on Monday, only 3 groups, usual smaller numbers on track, loads of instructors, 7 sessions for maximum tracktime, no unnecessary stops and riders moved to the right groups throughout the day. I'll be there on the CB5 hoping to learn the circuit and get some decent laps in when not instructing.

The day is only £95 to DSC members, and there are still a few spaces left in each group although these are likely to fill before the weekend, so get in quick if you fancy it.

Anyone done it before? I've got a map and circuit guide, but really looking forward to learning a new track. Friends who've raced it say it's a great little track. Any idea of what times I should be aiming for?

Give Mark a call on 01727 899173 if you want to join me.

WeeJohnyB
Old 24-May-2005, 22:59
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
sounds great & weather is good on the current forecast.

But I have no hubby, no van - and not I'm up to it

C
Old 28-May-2005, 19:35
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Weather forecast is 18 and sunny

What are you doing on Bank holiday Monday? - visiting outlaws, family stuff, dreaded DIY.........get yourself to Lydden and do something you really want to do:P

Really looking forward to this one.

WeeJohnyB
Old 28-May-2005, 20:20
Mille

Mood: ok
pay on day wjb
Old 28-May-2005, 22:12
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
I rode it on my 916 and was nearly put off trackdays, - but part of that was my 916 was set up "stable" and you need a bike that is on its nose turning in quickly. The numptystrada would be fun around it, - but I have a relative "do" on Monday. The other and perhaps main reason was down to the trackday company who were not very profesional. They let a guy out without his helmet starp done up, - he came off as did his helmet. Then they let a guy out with no boots, just borrowed leathers and trainers, he asked for help as he was all over the place he also fell off in front of me whilst trying to keep with the instructor.

It is a mini Brands Hatch indy, - even some of the bends have the same names. Paddock is a downhill off camber right hander then onto a little straight and then into a 2 part long right hand bend ( I would say that is the learning bend/bends for you WJB) - i could not work out where I should be then another mini straight then the only corner I got the hang of, - a left hander, up a hill then a druids type hairpin only smaller and back down the hill to paddock again.
Be careful of super motos coming up your inside, - and watch out for getting dizzy.

It perhaps is good place for a first track day if there are any newbies out there. And with No limits you will not have the bad experience I had there.

[Edited on 28-5-2005 by Ian]
Old 29-May-2005, 09:58
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
Having marshalled at Lydden in the past I only live a few miles away) I can assure anyone who doesn't know it that it is certainly an "interesting" circuit. Even the so called start/finish straight is in fact a slight Right hand curve. Iused to love marshalling at Chessoms Drift the long Right Hander just after the start and at the Devils Elbow the tight Left Hander before the climb to the hairpin. These are the two places where the marshalls got the most action. You have been warned!
I'm sure that anyone who has a Numptystrada and fancies a track day will find this circuit most suitable
Old 29-May-2005, 15:43
Mille

wjb i asume there must be places still i just don't fancy going down on the of chance
Old 29-May-2005, 16:06
500SD

Does anyone know if I could come just to watch?
Old 29-May-2005, 17:16
Mille

go for it rocker great curcuit for spectating
Old 29-May-2005, 17:50
500SD

As I said I know it well. I'm on call tomorrow but if not required I may well attend. Anyone know what time it starts?