Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 21-Apr-2011, 19:13
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
.... or don't jump start?...

a little like tripping in the street...its wasnt intentional hence I stopped-----not if it happens again!!
Old 21-Apr-2011, 19:39
Mille

Think the length of time the lights were on at Mallory caught a few guys out. In race 1 I was so far back on the grid I could barely see them!
Old 21-Apr-2011, 19:43
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Agreed there Hugh no consistency, which is how it should be, or we will all pre-empt the off but they were 3.5 secs I reckon.
Old 21-Apr-2011, 19:51
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Agreed there Hugh no consistency, which is how it should be, or we will all pre-empt the off but they were 3.5 secs I reckon.

seemed for ever, but I accept its only my own fault
Old 21-Apr-2011, 20:24
DSC Club Member
Mille

hee hee in race 1 i was still looking where the lights were when we were off!! he always used to point at them!,in race 2 i was watcing paul and bradders as i dropped the clutch ,thinking oh oh dont stop now, but it was funny watching the chain reaction .
Old 22-Apr-2011, 14:22
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
Cheers for that Hugh..... I am actually surprised to see I'm still joint 5th without dropping rounds.

Tonio, any chance of using this to update the results site? (here normally, for those new to the series: http://www.desmodue.co.uk/ ). Someone will have to sort out the Class A Results for you though.

Someone said Tonio wasn't doing it this year
I'll update my spreadsheet when I have time, unlike now where I have been struggling for the past few hours to try and undo the bottom shock bolt on my 2009 Monster 1100, just about given up as I can't get it to budge and have so far trashed two 8mm Hex Keys. When will Ducati ever learn to use copper slip, been putting up with this sort of crap for years.

And when I do the results It will be the best 14 out of 16 to count, so no dropping two results until the final round as thats the only time it really matters.
eg Ron is 29 points off the lead with no room for error

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 22-Apr-2011, 21:35
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
And when I do the results It will be the best 14 out of 16 to count, so no dropping two results until the final round as thats the only time it really matters.
eg Ron is 29 points off the lead with no room for error

I must have had a few too many beers in the sun cause I don't get this! As we move forward round by round isn't the only thing that's important is your results less the bottom 2? Total points mean nothing really IMHO?
Old 22-Apr-2011, 23:49
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 955SP
I must have had a few too many beers in the sun cause I don't get this! As we move forward round by round isn't the only thing that's important is your results less the bottom 2? Total points mean nothing really IMHO?

Not really Hugh

As there are to be 16 point scoring races

With 14 races are to count towards your total score whats the point of only counting two at the moment,
when the total points after all 16 rounds are added up and the worse two results for each rider dropped will result in the Championship going to the rider with the Highest total points, how you can say Total Points mean nothing baffles me.

For Ron and Phil they will obviously drop two non scoring races which they already have on their score sheet and others may do so later in the season.

But you wouldn't really expect people to be dropping points from 3rd and 4th places.
If you do you had better think about handing them the championship now as that would mean they are going to spend the rest of the season finishing on the podium

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 23-Apr-2011, 08:28
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids

when the total points after all 16 rounds are added up and the worse two results for each rider dropped will result in the Championship going to the rider with the Highest total points, how you can say Total Points mean nothing baffles me.

Sounds like you are actually agreeing with me because 'total points' would have included the two results you dropped. Also saying by looking at the points in this way I am handing people the season is rubbish, in reality it's the opposite. I am currently in 2nd with total points but if I look at total less worst 2 then I am 4th! If anything this made me more focussed!
Old 23-Apr-2011, 09:40
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Total points, dropped scores...it's all valuable info and should ALL be considered if you're going to win a championship.

What I figure Kev means is that when the total points are totted up at the end of the year, the person that has been most consistent will win. It's that simple. If you can get your ass on the podium every race then you stand a damn good chance of being champ.

2 dropped scores is VERY costly (I know this) and you have to pray that there are enough players to spread the points out or that if you're in a battle with just one other rider that they have a nightmare at a future event.