Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 24-Sep-2011, 13:35
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by 955SP
Top job Phil, might see you in A next year!
Thanks Hugh, Ive just bought a 620 road bike to start the next iteration. You could stay in B and be a defo contender for next years title.

I'm looking forward now to the new challenge a bit too learn but Awesome and Dallas went straight into it ok.

Just don't want my arse slapped by a class B bike.
Old 24-Sep-2011, 15:37
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost

I'd be surprised
Old 25-Sep-2011, 11:09
Mille

Quote:
Thanks Hugh, Ive just bought a 620 road bike to start the next iteration. You could stay in B and be a defo contender for next years title.

I'm looking forward now to the new challenge a bit too learn but Awesome and Dallas went straight into it ok.

Pretty certain that I will move up to A but not bought a new engine/bike so who knows. I hope that by next year I will have learnt from my mistakes and will be more consistent finishing. Oulton was all a bit of a mess for me which left me with a chipped bone in my finger and a back that feels 40 years older than it is!

Was a big mistake of mine to put the new tyres on Saturday, it meant that I qualified 9th and that I couldnt scrub the edge in. In race 1 I made up quite a few spots on the first couple of bends but midway round the hairpin the bike dropped like it was raining. Then in race 2 KevP and I did some very poor maths and thought I only needed to finish 10th and beat NeilC to get 5th in the championship, but we had completely forgotten about Bradders rounds in hand. So I cruised round going slower and slower after seeing the carnage! When Ron comes off in the rain you know its slippery!

Anyway all in all I enjoyed the season and was very chuffed that I ran towards the front most of the season getting a few podiums and fastest laps in the process. Also thanks to you and various others in the paddock I can now do a bit of (very) basic spannering on the bike!

You did a top job this season with a cool head under pressure the championship title came to you. Congratulations to you Ron and KevP!
Old 25-Sep-2011, 15:51
500SD

Quote:
Thanks Hugh, Ive just bought a 620 road bike to start the next iteration.
Class A 620