Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Oct-2004, 08:51
Montjuic

Throttle body

Hello all-

I want to sort my fuelling glitch once and for all over the winter; this would involve cleaning the contacts in that little throttle sensor connector on the throttle body, or changing the connector. I can't do it satisfactorily with the connector in place, the problem comes back after a few days.

The options are to remove the engine for easier access (a bit excessive) or take the cap assy off the throttle body. There seems to be a factory witness mark on the cap-body join, so does this mean that it will throw the fuelling out completely if I take it off? Will there be a 'ping,' and little springs and ball bearings & things shooting everywhere?

Has anyone else had this problem (coughs on a steady/part throttle at about 3000 rpm) with an IE? Very annoying when you're trundling through a village...

PS just fitted some SilMotor cans off ebay. They sound well, I suppose I should fit a performance air filter as well.
Old 29-Oct-2004, 11:18
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
The throttle sensors are sealed units. You can't get in them. If you take it off, it'll need setting up again. You can do this with the factory Mathesis tester abut also a couple of wires and a multimeter
Have you changed the ECU when you fitted the cans? Has the fuelling been set up properly recently, if at all??
These could be more of a problem than the TPS.
Old 29-Oct-2004, 20:01
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally posted by nelly
Have you changed the ECU when you fitted the cans? Has the fuelling been set up properly recently, if at all??
These could be more of a problem than the TPS.

Hi Neil- The cans have made no difference, it ran like that before! I'm pretty sure the plug on the throttle sensor IS the problem; if you remember, you suggested it in the first place and the first time I cleaned the contacts it was like a new bike. I've had to do it a few times since...
The fuelling has never been set up while I've had the bike- apart from the annoying glitch it runs really well. Should do, with 8500 miles on the clock. Apart from the cans it's completely standard.

How much would the setup work rush me? New ECU? Air filter?

You wouldn't happen to have a used (ie not £55) LH mirror kicking around, would you?
Old 29-Oct-2004, 20:43
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Is it the sensor? could it be the connector on the loom side that is dirty or even have a broken wire?
A setup is £40 + vat. an ecu........you don't want to know. If it's setup well, the standard ecu on the SS seems to cope quite well though. I've got some Pipercross filters in. Can't remember off the top of my head how much they are though.
I'll check for a mirror. I think I might just..............

You're welcome to give me a call tomorrow if you want. 01623 758877