Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Prev   Next
Old 22-Nov-2004, 11:16
500SD
Bikes: Diavel

Laconi to test for Ducati Marlboro

Régis Laconi will join up with Ducati Marlboro at Jerez next week for the latest series of tests with the Ducati Desmosedici GP5, their first with Bridgestone tyres.

After spending three days at Valencia testing with the factory’s World Superbike team, Laconi was informed that he would be needed for three further days of MotoGP duty at the Spanish circuit next Tuesday. The Frenchman will also join regular riders Loris Capirossi and Carlos Checa for a two-day session at Valencia.

“The team have asked me to go and ride at Jerez and Valencia to test the new MotoGP bike,” revealed Laconi, who finished runner-up to James Toseland in the WSB series this season. “I accepted because the preseason is just starting and they need me to lend a hand.

“I had the opportunity to test the Desmosedici at Mugello in October but it rained for the whole day. This time I’ll have five days on the bike and it’s a case of getting as much information as I can in order to help the team develop the 2005 Desmosedici.”

Laconi added that his collaboration with the MotoGP was just a one-off opportunity as he continues his own important preparations for the 2005 World Superbike series.

“Obviously I am an official Ducati rider but there is no need to read between the lines. It is nothing more than a brief helping hand – I’ll have enough work this winter with the Superbike programme, which has already started.”

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit