Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Oct-2005, 15:05
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
The Euro DSC Trackday Poll

Continuing from my other thread which has had some interest so far pick your favoured choice and then we can get the ball rolling.

If anyone has any others, or new dates etc become available drop them on the end of the thread so I can update the poll (hopefully)
Old 19-Oct-2005, 15:23
Dibble

ANY late March early April for me, not fussed about which circuit as it's as much about going with my DSC mates as anything.

I do think that going for an "All In" organised package is the best bet though as it means EVERYTHING is pre-arranged with proven suppliers, ie hotels, bike transport etc ... I'd rather pay that little extra and know its all plain sailing .....
Old 19-Oct-2005, 15:56
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Up for this, how about SPA.
Old 19-Oct-2005, 16:07
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Wood
Up for this, how about SPA.

If you know any TD company doing Spa then let us know...
Old 19-Oct-2005, 16:20
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
As with Dibble, I'd prefer later into the year - want to maximise the chances of good weather, but it would all depend on dates etc. so I'm not going to vote - I'll see what the decision is and then decide if I want to go or not...
Cheers
Martin
Old 19-Oct-2005, 16:58
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
I'm with Dibbs concerning the "all-in" package - late Mach early April for me - ideally at Jerez, but will muddle-by with Almeria or Cartagena if necessary.

Tim
Old 19-Oct-2005, 20:25
500SD

Mood: PENSO POSITIVO....SEMPRE!!
Same as above.. In am for a later period in the year, end of March or April.. as for the track, it is all new to me!!!

One of my guys is working in Barcelona and he has an orrible CBR600 for track days... no hassle means going with an UK organizer as some of you has already done.. with "hassles" I can inquiry on prices, days, organizations and logistic. He (my Spanish collegue) has been only once to Jerez (really far from Barcelona) but thinks is the best. As pricing, an open pitlane is definetly cheaper than Italy and similar or better than UK.
I may be already in Spain for end of march next year... or in fu%&&#@ CHINA...

Definetly a great group forming right now, will be the time for my UK duke to taste some international gravel...

[Edited on 19-10-2005 by Brogins]
Old 19-Oct-2005, 22:21
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Has anyone spoken to Mark at No Limits and asked what his plans are for next year?
Old 19-Oct-2005, 22:27
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by yeti
Has anyone spoken to Mark at No Limits and asked what his plans are for next year?

Not yet but it's definately on the agenda .....

A quick question for those that voted for the "sort our own option" .. who will organise it ?? who will take out the liability insurance ?? who will write the minimum 50% deposit cheque for the circuit ?? reserve the hotel rooms (again, deposit req), book the transporter (again more deposit req) ???

Great idea but doesn't really fly does it ???

I personally wouldn't take on the responsibilty, thats what people like No Limits, TofS etc ae for ..... just my opinion ...
Old 19-Oct-2005, 22:36
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
I'm changing my requirements a bit, its possible that the first DD round may be late March BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

So I'd now favour an early March event. If there are any? If not, I may be looking toward the January/Feb No limits jobby - the format of this sounds great, (Jerez - uuummmm!!) but what's the weather gonna be like?????

Tim