Ducati Sporting Club UK
Rideouts, Meets and other Events
Details of various meetings, rideouts and events that are not Ducati specific.

Old 05-Aug-2012, 08:54
500SD

Mood: ready to race
Should be ok got buggsy and possibly lardy coming along meeting at 9.30 at mine
Old 05-Aug-2012, 16:04
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
How WET was that

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 05-Aug-2012, 17:02
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Oops

Been sunny and dru all day here, enough for a drive with the top down
Old 05-Aug-2012, 17:21
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
What a mixed day rode into the Cotswolds on Dry roads and came out via a stream, Most of the return journey was in pouring rain, yet since arriving home it hasn't rained.

A bit of rain as Kev, Trudi, buggsy and I headed down to Newbury and the Wind blast ripped a hole in my Fox Moto-X jacket, don't think they are built for road bike speeds.

Good to see several of the Hants guys in the way of Roy, Pete and Les already parked up at Newbury and were soon joind by Phil and Eddie. Stayed at Maccy Ds a bit longer than intended as we waited for the rain to abate. We then made our way over to Faringdon avoiding the rain but travelling on Wet roads.

From Faringdon's fuel stop we enjoyed dry roads all the way to Toddington railway station where we stopped for lucnh and to shelter from the rain. With the weather looking really glum going any futher was pointless so we decided to back track but sadly the roads were now streams and the thunderstorm stayed overhead, Tried to shelter from the worst of it in the BP garage in Stow, but it wasn't long after we left the garage before it caught up with us again and stayed with us until I decided to pull in to Hein Gericke (cheers to James aka Hawkati for the cup of tea) at which point the Hants guys continued on the A40 heading up to the A34 for the quickest route home. Hopefully everybody made it home safe.
My 1000SS didn't miss a beat, although the rather squared off rear tyre could do with replacing

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 05-Aug-2012, 18:45
GTL

Mood: ten, nine, eight oh bu**er lets go!
Good day out Kev with the exception of a few spots of rain here and there
Old 05-Aug-2012, 18:50
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Thanks for the ride Kev, good company on the ride as always..........now the weather, the last time I rode in those conditions was the 1st trip to Germany, got to Newbury on the way back and it was Blue Sky and sunshine, Think we should have turned left instead of right sometime during the morning Kev

Now how do I get the leather dye off my arms

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 05-Aug-2012, 19:43
500SD
Bikes: 996 Bip

Mood: CITIUS EST MELIUS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
What a mixed day rode into the Cotswolds on Dry roads and came out via a stream, Most of the return journey was in pouring rain, yet since arriving home it hasn't rained.

A bit of rain as Kev, Trudi, buggsy and I headed down to Newbury and the Wind blast ripped a hole in my Fox Moto-X jacket, don't think they are built for road bike speeds.

Good to see several of the Hants guys in the way of Roy, Pete and Les already parked up at Newbury and were soon joind by Phil and Eddie. Stayed at Maccy Ds a bit longer than intended as we waited for the rain to abate. We then made our way over to Faringdon avoiding the rain but travelling on Wet roads.

From Faringdon's fuel stop we enjoyed dry roads all the way to Toddington railway station where we stopped for lucnh and to shelter from the rain. With the weather looking really glum going any futher was pointless so we decided to back track but sadly the roads were now streams and the thunderstorm stayed overhead, Tried to shelter from the worst of it in the BP garage in Stow, but it wasn't long after we left the garage before it caught up with us again and stayed with us until I decided to pull in to Hein Gericke (cheers to James aka Hawkati for the cup of tea) at which point the Hants guys continued on the A40 heading up to the A34 for the quickest route home. Hopefully everybody made it home safe.
My 1000SS didn't miss a beat, although the rather squared off rear tyre could do with replacing

Sorry I missed the rideout today (although it was wet), we had friends to stay (battle proms - Highclere) hope to get out next week.

Best regards,

James
Old 05-Aug-2012, 22:13
Mille
Bikes: 999 bip zx6r DD

Good day out , nice to get some fresh air and water . Excellent route as usual thanks Kev
Old 06-Aug-2012, 20:21
GTL

Mood: ten, nine, eight oh bu**er lets go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL-THE-DRILL
Good day out , nice to get some fresh air and water . Excellent route as usual thanks Kev

Plus got your bike cleaned for free
Old 06-Aug-2012, 21:39
Mille
Bikes: 999 bip zx6r DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteB
Plus got your bike cleaned for free

yes, a real 'ride through jet wash' no flies on me now