Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Sep-2005, 13:58
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Carbon - what do you want?

I have been asked to gauge interest for 888 carbon parts, what do you think you'd buy?

Tanks, Single Seat units, Exhaust heat shields, whatever?

Please note, this will be top quality kit made by the same people that did a lot of the original factory stuff.

Rgds, Rob
Old 08-Sep-2005, 16:44
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
yup just been asked the same thing today - if Nigel (assuming it's the same guy) can persuade them to make the stuff, and if tooling is Ok, then I don't believe he'd be stuck for orders !!
btw when I spoke to him I was led to believe that the down pipe exhaust heat shield had never been made by them and that they didn't have tooling to make it either.
so I'm still chasing a rear downpipe heat shield for the sp4/5 zorst...
Old 08-Sep-2005, 16:46
Mille

Rob,
Bank balance and long suffering wife permitting, I would be interested in bodywork - seat and fairing, rear hugger, front mudguard, corsa air inlets and any other interesting bits, but not a fuel tank. Preferably SP3 style seat rather than SP4 or 5.

Mike
Old 08-Sep-2005, 19:31
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Undertray would be nice Rob (but would require mucho thought and work), heat shields sound interesting..as would v pieces..

Nat
Old 08-Sep-2005, 21:20
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally posted by mikesps
...... seat and fairing, rear hugger, front mudguard, corsa air inlets and any other interesting bits, but not a fuel tank. Preferably SP3 style seat rather than SP4 or 5.

Mike

mudguards and huggers are (and always have been) readily available. SP3 seat was never done in carbon by MS and therefore there is no mould and therefore no possibility. SP4/5 seat is almost a certainty!! 926 bodywork road or race is possible. 926 tank is possible - and fuel connectors are probable. If the tank is done then the airbox will be a necessity. Footpeg holders are also possible. And more......

Yes - it was me asking the questions. The idea is to possibly restart the production process for original parts again. Not copies or replicas, but original parts.

We intend to use the same moulds, the same materials, the same factory and probably even the same guys making them!!!

I need to try and gauge what parts are wanted. There will not be a complete range. Do people want race parts or street parts?? However, the only parts available will be the ones where the moulds are still useable.

The prices will not (we hope) be too unreasonable. Due to the 'Airbus Industries' effect the cost of raw materials has gone up by 30% in the last 6 months alone - let alone since the early 90's

Sandbar
http://www.sandbarcomposites.co.uk

Old 08-Sep-2005, 22:35
Ducati Corse

Mudguard for sp5!Different to the stradas!!But footrest hangers-yes please!Nigel,we have talked about this for awhile.Did they find the moulds?
Old 08-Sep-2005, 22:54
Mille

Mood: I AM looking forward to racing..
Carbon top yoke cover with DUCATI embossed in it

Seriously, single seat units will deffo be popular, as probably will fairings. Tanks too at the right price. But interesting bits like hangers etc., anything different. My wallet's ready...
Old 18-Sep-2005, 02:28
Mille

Mood: sensational!!
the air scoops that sit behind the front fairing on a road bike, i'd take 3 sets of those.
Old 18-Sep-2005, 09:20
Mille

Mood: Privileged ...
How long this post is supposed to be "open" ???

Do we have to respect a deadline ???

- Rob41b, are you the one in charge to update the order list or do we have to send our own request directly to Sandbarcomposites ?????
Old 18-Sep-2005, 22:00

Who did make the 1991 Corsa Seat?

I'd be interested in a carbon single seat for a 1991 - read the comments about M&S not making these, but there were definitely carbon corsa seats available from the factory. Any thoughts (except QB)?

I'd be interested in a front mudguard for a 91 SP3 as mine has gone all dull, also exhaust hangers.

Is there a market for "kit" to include a carbon airbox, a filter that works and doesn't collapse, airtubes, front nosecone, replacement headlight and bracketry? I've often thought about trying to take this on myself, but its been on the too hard list, and would need to be reversible as my bike's a minter!

Thanks

charles