Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Dec-2005, 13:52
Bikes: 888. multistrada 1200s sport

S4R No electrics-mystery

This is a mystery to me .I went out on Xmas eve for a quick 30 mile ride, came back washed and dryed off the bike with seat off and tank hinged up, since then no go, just a clicking from the two relays on the side of the battery. The only thing that works is the imobiliser light, no lights ignition or anything.
Any suggestions guys?
Old 26-Dec-2005, 14:04
Dibble

Phil,

Down on the right hand side of the engine (as you sit on the bike) towards the front you will find the starter solenoid and a couple of connector blocks, these are notorious for vibrating loose and don't take kindly to being covered in water ... get in amongst them and disconnect, wipe off and reconnect them, this really only applies to the pop on pop off ones as they are usually the culprits, also check the fuses and the battery connections.

Hope that helps.
Old 26-Dec-2005, 15:13
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
I had this on mine when i blew a few fuses after playing with rear indicators, whoops blew 2 was fine after replacing them
Old 26-Dec-2005, 22:17
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by phil996
This is a mystery to me .I went out on Xmas eve for a quick 30 mile ride, came back washed and dryed off the bike with seat off and tank hinged up, since then no go, just a clicking from the two relays on the side of the battery. The only thing that works is the imobiliser light, no lights ignition or anything.
Any suggestions guys?
Sounds like it could be a relay knackered.Some Dukes are fitted with some real cheapo Siemens relays.Try swapping the two around that are near the battery to see what works.Had two fail on my wifes 900 Monster,now keep a couple of spares under the seat.