Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Jan-2007, 22:54
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm250
its just rare to find time to enjoy it as you cant ride it on those hot summer days

Hmm! And those are exactly the days when I like to ride mine!

With its switch-operated fan, the engine temperature stayed bang-on all last summer. Only once did it get too hot, and that was whilst I was stuck in a colossal traffic jam at a roadworks during RTL, and was having to slip the clutch the whole time to creep forwards. It was a VERY hot day too! (Although even then there was no real drama).

Otherwise, I honestly didn't (and don't) give it a second thought..!
Old 03-Jan-2007, 00:06
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
quote[888, i know what you mean, and each time i look at the RC i know how lucky i am to own one in my lifetime, its just rare to find time to enjoy it as you cant ride it on those hot summer days,]

The thing is people buy bikes for different reasons I expect most buy Duc's as a pleasure or should I say this a Toy, I dont need another form of transport,I've got a car for that.
I will allways remember my first contact with the T8 it was coming out of the auction tent at Beaulieu motorcycle world and we heard this bike start-up it did sound like thunder we walked around the corner and there on a trailer was this gleaming red bike (I'd only been back riding for a year and did'nt recognise what it was) there was allready a crowd round her and on closer inspection I thought it was 1 or 2 years old it was in that good a condition.
it was then that I heard the owner telling one of the crowd it was for sale,i had already fallen in love with sound and now the colour my wife could tell I was mesmerised because i was ignoring her even though she was saying find out how much it is.
I nearly did'nt bother as I expected about £6/7K and also there seemed to be a lot of interest,but luckily my wife was more insistent to my surprise it was £3,500 he already had an offer but took my number.
2 days later he phoned me saying the other buyer had,nt phoned I took a van down that night after a brief spin I was smitten.
Although it does'nt tick the boxes most bikes are expected too, it ticks all the ones for me it may not have the feline curves of the 916 but I prefer that more focused look.
Ive never had the fortune to ride a RC30 so cannot compare all I can say is at 6'1 the T8 is a wee bit cramped and is painfull after about 100 miles but if there is no motorways in that 100 miles there is no other bike I would rather be on.
Unless I was near homelessness the T8 will never be sold
ian