Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 04-Nov-2006, 15:53
Mille

Mood: Happy go lucky..most of the time!
idle setting 999s

Hi,
Had the Duc a couple of weeks now and starting to get use to it...one thing how do you adjust the idle setting? i have just got in from a blat as the roads are dry and sometimes when i approach roundabouts?traffic lights the engine cuts out as the revs drop to idling, i noticed that when i got back the engine is idle speed is hovvering just below the 1000 mark,I am use to the jap bike where there is a idle set knob under the tank is there anything similar on my bike?

any advice would be great
thanks
Old 04-Nov-2006, 16:29
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
Lift the tank, from the nearside of the bike look ate the airbox, towards the rear bottom right hand corner there is a small rubber gromet, remove this and inside you will find the adjustment you are looking for...good luck, it's a bit tricky.
Old 07-Nov-2006, 17:18
Mille

Mood: Happy go lucky..most of the time!
Hi thanks for the reply,
Would you mind expanding on that a bit as when you say lift the tank do you mean right off to get to the grommet....as i would think that you need the engine running to set the revs?
Cheers
Old 07-Nov-2006, 18:21
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
CAUTION - I asked this very question just over 24 hours ago to JHP, and they said it can be adjusted via the screw accessible through the airbox but as soon as you adjust it you cannot get it back to where it was period, even a mathesis test could not reset this.
Old 07-Nov-2006, 20:04
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM
CAUTION - I asked this very question just over 24 hours ago to JHP, and they said it can be adjusted via the screw accessible through the airbox but as soon as you adjust it you cannot get it back to where it was period, even a mathesis test could not reset this.

As Jon says It ain't as simple as just fiddling with a screw with all due respect. Well worth dropping it in to your local dealer and get them to give it a look over. Seem to be a lot of interacting sensors involved with setting up the fuel injection.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 07-Nov-2006, 20:04
Mille

Mood: Great
See this thread, it a common problem on 999 / 749
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...light=stalling
Old 07-Nov-2006, 21:37
Mille

Just got my 05 749 back from the dealer for the same problem. Turned out to be unburnt fuel in the rear cylinder which was from worn valve guides. Ducati supplied the replacement head under warranty. Not a known problem with the 4 valve heads, but that was what mine was.