Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Aug-2006, 18:38
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
DSC Cadwell Trackday Photographs 21/22 Aug 2006

Hi folks……

As the 2006 Ducati Sporting Club 2-day trackday at Cadwell Park is drawing closer, I wanted to take the opportunity to provide people with some clarification as to how I plan to provide photography services during the event.

As I am working this event on my own, there will be some differences to previous years so I felt it best to let people know in advance how things will work.

Sadly, it will be not be possible for me to supply images on the day/s. The logistics involved in taking photographs from every session means I cannot also be in the paddock sorting the images into the respective groups and then showing them to potential clients and selling them. This is the main difference to previous years where the photographer had a team of people helping him take photographs and then market them on the day, with these two activities often occurring as the same time.

My plan is to cover each and every session, attempting to capture each rider within the groups. I will take images from as many locations around the circuit as possible including the paddock. My plan is to use the first session for each group on each day to capture paddock ‘atmospheric’ shots. The reason for this is that most people will be using those early sessions to get used to the track layout more than they will be concentrating on looking good for the camera!!!!! It also means you hopefully get shots of you with your helmets off chatting to mates and preparing your bikes etc….an equally important and memorable part of the proceedings. As mentioned, I will try and capture every rider, but this can sometimes be impossible if you are in the middle of a tight group each time you pass me.

I will sort all of the track based images into the groupings (i.e. fast, inter, novice). The images will be displayed in a pre-designated area on the Cope Images website. This area will be found at www.copeimages.com/cadwelldsc.htm

I envisage that the images will start to emerge on the Cope Images website by close of play on Wednesday 23rd August.

From here you will be able to view low-res samples of the images. Images can be ordered as Jpegs on CD (per rider) or as individual prints. There will be an order form provided on the entrance page to the galleries which can be downloaded prior to image viewing. CD’s will be priced at £30 each. I will aim to provide a minimum of 15 images on the CD. If I don’t get this minimum quantity of images of a particular rider I will reduce the price accordingly for riders who still want Jpegs on CD. Prints can be provided in varying sizes up to A3 (420mm x 297mm). Some basic price/size options will be shown on the order form but as the prints are sourced from a professional photography lab, various options are available and prices can be supplied upon request. All prints are in a ‘glossy’ format and are supplied unmounted and will be despatched in cardboard back envelopes.

I hope that this clarifies things for people interested in photographs.

If you have any queries at all, please contact me.

Kind regards, Guy

www.copeimages.com

WeeJohnyB, Best instructor out there http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/
Old 14-Aug-2006, 19:50
888 at Last !!!

Mood: IF IN DOUBT..GET BLAGGING.
Obviously your gonna need a clear head for this one Guido.....so no latrine lurking the night before...
Old 14-Aug-2006, 20:13
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Talking

Sounds great Guy, and a very good idea to let us know in advance how you plan to run things. I've often thought the pictures taken later in the day, once we're in our stride as far as the riding is concerned, would be worth seeing but no-one has ever done that at any track day I've been to. I'm sure your plan will be a great success and I know you'll take terrific photos, having seen your work on here.
Old 14-Aug-2006, 20:17
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Guy, I wish you can make me look as good as all those BSB racers... Looking forward to meeting the man as well
Old 14-Aug-2006, 20:20
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
Guy, I wish you can make me look as good as all those BSB racers... Looking forward to meeting the man as well

There's always photoshopprothingamy ...
Old 15-Aug-2006, 00:16
500SD

Mood: www.kylebennettmedia.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redruth
There's always photoshopprothingamy ...

It only costs £800, it can't work miracles!
Old 15-Aug-2006, 00:35
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
well done Guy and good luck! We as a Club are really fortunate to have you with your skill.

If you do a get a chance for a group shot for Pronto, (and the calendar that we will do this year, oops did that slip out???) it would be appreciated, although I understand how many miles that you will walk over the 2 days!

Same goes for anybody else there with a camera, picsof people in the paddock etc. It would be good to have a few words from people as well.
Old 15-Aug-2006, 02:48
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
its fan tastic that your going to photo us your shots on BSB are just amazing and i am real looking forward to seeing your work. hope i can have a beer with you and disscuse your work at BSB round.

look forward to meeting you

dom
Old 15-Aug-2006, 12:27
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
I will be really looking forward to the photography for this year's track attack. We are in excellent hands!

I can't wait!
Old 15-Aug-2006, 12:35
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Just keep the man away from the booze and a toilet seat and we should get some good pics!

Otherwise ...

I might get a few more shots, woohoo!