Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Jul-2005, 22:58
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Big, big thanks to Dibble for the trackday, and for being the brains behind me getting a desperately-needed clutch change done (courtesy of Louigimoto) in time for the first session. Unbelievable - thanks Richard and Tom.

Thanks to Tyreman Steve from Wraysbury Tyres for fitting yet another back tyre to my 999 (the previous two, no fault of Steve's, were starting to self-destruct). Cheers Steve for sticking to it, this time it will work out, I'm sure.

I had three great sessions in the morning and three interesting laps after lunch, running on one cylinder (and still overtaking a couple of bikes ) and that was my lot, but I reckon it was a good day all the same.

Finally, a big thank you to James Jamcoly and Paul Psychlist for their help getting me home. Bacon definitely saved there.

What a Club.

Old 04-Jul-2005, 23:22
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Thanks Mate for a top day

Brands GP rocks best £170 I’ve ever spent

You must have prayed as hard as I did for that weather

The sun shines on the DSC
Old 04-Jul-2005, 23:26
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Thanks Pietro, it was a great day. I love that circuit and I know a lot of Aussies that would love to ride it and I've done it now. Check that one off life's 'to do' list.

I love that section out the back, the GP bits!

Great idea having lunch there, got everyone together and was nice and relaxed day. It was nice to do a track day with no pressure for a change.
Old 04-Jul-2005, 23:29
Montjuic

Just to echo the above posts thanks for good day out and keeping the rain away

Wosser
Old 04-Jul-2005, 23:29
Big Twin

Huge thanks to Dibble, not only for sorting out the day, but also for the offer of a place to crash. Although being as organised as usual I forgot his number and missed out on the mexican

Excellent day, and what an introduction to Brands, GP circuits now my favourite of all those I've ridden. Although starting the day in the kamikaze group (coloured blue) did have me worried, a quick chat with the staff had me located in the far more appropriate yellow (yes I was scared ) group.

And a final thanks to >insert appropriate deity here< for saving the rain until I was half an hour into the journey home with the bike strapped to the trailer.

See you all at Cadwell
Old 05-Jul-2005, 00:06
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Just got back after a 5+ hour journey round the M25, M1 and finally M6, I'd just like say thanks to Dibble for letting myself and Lily crash at his, even gave up his bed, although I did feel a hairy arm round me in the night (Lily should really shave more!!! )

Good day today, took some time getting my head round the place, nice to see some old faces and some new, and most of all come back in one piece with a smile on our faces.

Also like to say thanks to Gary and Catherine for organising a great day with lunch and classroom sessions laid on also, apart from the odd muppet coming off (non of us I don't think) it was a trouble free happy day.

Anyway... off to bed! laters
Old 05-Jul-2005, 00:18
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Yep!!! Nice one Dibbs.

Top day out, well worth every penny.
Old 05-Jul-2005, 08:33
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Thanks from me too mister

Great evening with great company followed by a great day on an 'interesting' track.

Struggled to get to grips with the track a bit and having to slow down on the straights to cough didn't help my day. After lunch proved to be a whole lot of fun and getting into the DD spirit by having a last session spent dicing with Rattler on the monnie.

Thanks to Gary and Catherine for keeping things going despite all the red flags and muppets throwing themselves into the gravel!

See you all next year...
Old 05-Jul-2005, 09:11
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
thanks to dibs and rob for sorting out my entry.

great day, with great people shame couldnt chat to more people but as ever always busy on a trackday. apex ran it well. the lunch idea is superb and was enjoyed by everyone.

one little gripe (and it is very little) but too many red flags in the fast group 3 in first 2 sessions. dont know if this was down to marshalls or organisers. no one was hurt in the incidents but sessions were stopped. cant the bikes just be 'haybailed' and collected at end of session?

didnt really detract from what was a really great day, with really great people on a really great circuit.
Old 05-Jul-2005, 09:45
Big Twin

Mood: Black and grey (and a bit of red)
DIBBLE - can't thank you enough mate.