Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Dec-2005, 10:37
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
A1 is a standard "street" profile. This is fitted to most of the street engines since the 851. 916, 748, 996, ST4 etc.
The wilder cams are marked, for instance, T1 - 996SPS, G - corse or 431 - corse etc.
If the cams have no markings other than OA/VA etc, then the only way you'll find out is to measure them.
Old 18-Dec-2005, 19:40

find out whitch cams you have and i could send you a setting to give you more power all the way to the peak but make its peak lower in the rpm range wich will help you to not rev the crap out of it. there is a lot of myths about cam timing and normally quoted by people who do not under stand its affect on an engine. you could go back to biposto cams of try somthing different.
or
Quote:
Originally posted by CipiVTS
Hi all,

I bought a 1995 916 with SP cams (i don't know which kind yet) set to work in the upper range (bike has a custom eprom and has 12000 rpm limit).

It pulls well over 7000 rpm, but unfortunatelly i don;t use the bike for race only (as it has been used before), but 70% of the time for street.

What i want to do is set the cams to the normal 916 range and then order a FIM eprom to suit this.

Can anybody tell me what is the normal setting for the std, A/A, G/A, 996 SPS cams so i can dial them to the factory setting.

also, can anybody help me understand what is the best setting i could do to benefit most of the cams?

Thanks and regards
Old 05-Jan-2006, 13:30
Mille

thanks cjsperf

I will measure them in the next weeks once i fit the adjustable pulleys and let you know

Best regards,
Cipi
Old 09-Jun-2006, 23:51
Mille

Hi

I took off the cams from the engine and surprise... they're A1 cams... dialled to get the benefit of the engine at high revs (<13000 rpm).

I also checked and the intake ports seem machined and larger than standard.

Valves are 34 / 30

I'm running a 45mm system with 45mm termis and a BMC air filter.

I bought some adjustable pulleys and i will fit them. What cam dial settings do you recommend with my configurationtaking into consideration i really don't want to rev the crap out of it?

Thankx