Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Jun-2003, 23:46
Bevel Head

Blueflame cans

Has anyone fitted these to their bike? I have bought the coloured titanium ones, and I cannot get the link pipes onto the existing pipes (if you know what I mean).

They are just a little bit bigger and therefore should slide over the existing ones, but they are not quite big enough!

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Cheers
Old 11-Jun-2003, 00:33
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
Ask Tim, he's good with hammers.
Old 11-Jun-2003, 00:34
Bevel Head

who is Tim?
Old 11-Jun-2003, 12:07
Dibble

Rattler could always try his new method and tools ...

"The use the kerb at Druids technicque"

He last used this for Termi realignment ... not quite sure he's perfected it yet though ....
Old 11-Jun-2003, 13:32
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
The difficulties of lining up / adjusting exhausts should not be underestimated!!!

Lloydy - I apologise for the others who have hijacked your thread!!!!

Are these just tight or no-where near fitting? If they are nowhere near fitting, do you have the right pipes, what size are they?

Can you try applying a little heat to them so that they expand?

-------------------------------------------------
After all the ribbing I've been taking about my "expertise" with hammers, I decided to take an alternative approach to lining up my termis!!

Here's the method;
- You have to select a particular track that provides the precise angles of kerbing required for "proper" alignment
- make sure there's a motorbike trackday on there
- pretend that you're there to take part
- sneak out with the other riders
- approach your bend of choice far too fast
- brake like a b*stard
- drop the bike on its ear
- run off the edge of the tyre
- carefully lie the bike on its side
- direct the bike toward the kerbing
- connect with the kerb at the exact angle
- hey presto - reworked exhausts!!!

Unfortunately this method does in fact seem to be less reliable than the hammer method and is bloody expensive.

Last year I tried the head on crash with a car method - this did line the termis up perfectly, it was the rest of the bike that didn't line up after that!!!!

Tim
Old 11-Jun-2003, 16:21

blue flame cans

Blue flame had three goes at making the correct link pipes.
First of all they stated that the link pipes had to go over the whole of the bottom section rather than in between as originals!

After the second attempt I went ape with a guy called David Hicks at Blue Flame. He than manufactured by hand a set based on the dimensions I gave him from my originals.

The pipes do fit but you can see vice marks etc all over them. I have been waiting since February 2003 for replacements calling them every week!

Not happy.

Phil
Old 11-Jun-2003, 17:28
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Take \'em back - and get termis!!!

Old 11-Jun-2003, 18:18
Bevel Head

My guess is that they go over the originals aswell.

Managed to get one on last night by heating it and cutting a little expansion slot, but it is on so tight, god knows how I am going to adjust it.

Mate is bringing home something that they use to widen pipes, like a wedge that you hammer into the pipe. I will give that a go too.

I had the same probs with my Gixxer..

But they sound so nice and I got them at a bargain price, so I had to buy them again..

Mark
Old 12-Jun-2003, 04:17
Bevel Head

GOT \'EM etc.......

Got a pair myself, and absolutely love 'em! Yes they were a complete pain in the arse to get to fit (aren't all Duc cans??), but once I'd got hold of the converter section I needed, they fit a treat.

I know that everyone has Termi's on their Ducs, but thats the main reason I got something different. And they are ALOT louder than Termi's. So much so that I got fined by the local plod out here last month to the tune of 60 Euros, beacuse on their little testing machine, my cans produced 114db, and the max I'm allowed over here is 96db apparently.!!! Never mind, all part of the dream-machine ownership thing!!

I love 'em, and am well happy I got 'em.
Old 13-Jun-2003, 00:15
Mille

Mood: FIVE!!!!Guess We'll Keep It
fitted blueflame cans to my748r about three weeks ago,no problems fitting link pipes, try some copper grease to ease them on,the guy brought 50mm +45mm link pipes over with him after a cockup on the order and he wasn't to sure whether mine had 50mm or 45mm link pipes(i only live about 35min from them)speak to Nigel if you have probs as he is an alrite geeza.