Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Old 15-Jun-2004, 22:03
Bevel Head

Helmet

as a new owner I'm in the market for a decent helmet. I've sort of come to the conclusion that most brands are going to be safe enough so it may come down to other factors.

I like the look of the Roof helmets but have yet to try one as I can't seem tofind a stockist near me. I also like the look of the Ducati ones too actually. I tried a Ducati Supersport one on when I bought the bike but they only had one colour. I thought it looked good and was very comfortable (I tried Shoie and agv ones at the same time). But I can't seem to find one. I like the look of the new Ducati Blade helmet too .... and hope to try one.

Any thoughts regarding these choices??
Old 15-Jun-2004, 22:14
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Hey! Another one just 5 mins along the A27 from me, wahey!
Pop along to CMW in Chi and have a chat with young Mel, she's got a few Ducati lids on special offer at the moment, and she's worldly wise in getting the right fit, most important aspect of a new lid!

If you're shy I'll come along and introduce you :P
Old 15-Jun-2004, 22:54
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
I reckon you should try many different ones on first to see which manufacturer's helmet fits you best - they are all different. Some are designed for US heads, some for Euro heads and some for UK heads.

Once you've found the "type" of head you've got, then you should chose a lid from their range that you like.

Tim
Old 15-Jun-2004, 22:59
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Pop along to CMW in Chi and have a chat with young Mel,

Paul - that's two plugs for CMW already today - save some for tomorrow
Old 15-Jun-2004, 23:17
Ducati in my Blood

Wot. aint it midnight yet
Old 16-Jun-2004, 00:18
500SD

Mood: Smiles
helmet

hi guys, it's Melnie here, I've just worked out how to use this thing... yeah come along to me and i'll measure you up for one... then you can try on a few and see if you like any...

the new ducati blade helmet is made by vemar, and with the roof ones, make sure you try one on right size, as those ones are a 'love em or hate em' helmet... funny fit, but lovely to those who seem to fit it..

come say hi - Hi Paul, thank you xx
Old 16-Jun-2004, 08:23
Ducati Corse

Hi Mel

Sorry, this is going to sound 'Big Brother' but we ask business members like CMW to use the Business Directorysection of the board rather than the messageboard to advertise. We can also offer you attractive rates to advertise in Pronto - email SallyAnn.Jardine@DucatiSportingClub.com for more information. Please be sure to mention the discounts you offer DSC members.

Best regards H
Old 16-Jun-2004, 08:49
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
Hipshaker,

If you are considering a Roof .....please please please make sure it is not the chin lift one.....The full faces are fine but i saw a guy at Mallory go down the road face down with a chin lift boxer on and the chin piece snapped off liked it is designed to do...............

He did not have much of his own chin left!!!!

As the rest of the guys/gals have pointed out make sure it fits, most important.........you do not want it giving you head aches etc if it is too tight as it will distract you from driving...also too lose and it will pop off if you have a prang!!!

You can't put a price on your head so buy the most expensive lid you can....go for a gold stamp which fits snuggly is my best advice....

Regards

ScottyB
Old 16-Jun-2004, 13:55
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottyB
Hipshaker,

If you are considering a Roof .....please please please make sure it is not the chin lift one.....The full faces are fine but i saw a guy at Mallory go down the road face down with a chin lift boxer on and the chin piece snapped off liked it is designed to do...............

Snapped off like it was designed to do

What sort of chin piece is it? Just there for show? Blimey, you'd be better off with an open face lid than one which pretended to offer some jawbone protection
Old 16-Jun-2004, 13:59
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Originally posted by Henners
Hi Mel

Sorry, this is going to sound 'Big Brother' but we ask business members like CMW to use the Business Directorysection of the board rather than the messageboard to advertise. We can also offer you attractive rates to advertise in Pronto - email SallyAnn.Jardine@DucatiSportingClub.com for more information. Please be sure to mention the discounts you offer DSC members.

Best regards H

I think I understand what you're trying to say Henners, but that was just a friendly response, dont think Mel's post could be classified as an advert at all! Not like my 'plugs' for a main dealer that has bent over backwards to help me in my recuperation onto 2-wheels.
Especially when other corporate members are posting direct links to their site and listing items for sale from their premises!
Not wanting to get anybody on high horses but let's be fair please.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit