Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 03-May-2005, 00:41
Mille

Am not aware of any club classes ideally suited tot he 748 - your options would appear to be Supersport (as already suggested) or Sound of Thunder (twins / tripples up to 1000cc).

There are people campaigning v.quick 748's (don't know his name but a guy from Moto Rapido in Winchester is one) in SOT and doing well - a lot of it comes down to the rider.

Also, as Saturdays results at Cadwell show, a well ridden 60bhp DD can mix it with the big boys on a tight circuit. Guess it all depends on your ambitions / expectations. Best of luck anyway.
Old 03-May-2005, 01:34
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I would recommend the North Glos SoT series, I raced my 748 in it at Silverstone last year, they run it combined with the Mini Twins, you may find the top bikes a bit quick like DSC member Garry Smiths 996 and my mate Deano's 998R but Mike will probably be out there on his Triumph and maybe Gary on my old TL. They have several 2 day meetings at Pembrey which as a circuit is a great leveler. And if the big bikes are a handfull don't think Luke on his SV650 will be any easier, check out the results from Darley
http://www.ngroadracing.org/results/...mini_twins.php
I will be up at Silverstone this saturday coming and will be watching the Mini Twins to assess the DD bikes chances against them, but I'm only of thinking of taking them on at Pembrey.
I only race with North Glos and New Era and have never been able to race the 748 in there 600 class but then there is no point as I'm several seconds a lap quicker if I use my GSXR600 or R6

http://www.ngroadracing.org/
Old 04-May-2005, 22:17
Mille

u2u'd you matey

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit