Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Jun-2009, 06:10
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Cadwell Park, some info and a basic lap guide

http://www.motorbikestoday.com/track...dwell_park.htm

Last edited by webteam : 10-Jun-2009 at 06:37.
Old 10-Jun-2009, 12:15
500SD
Bikes: 996 Bip

Mood: CITIUS EST MELIUS!
Thanks indeed, very useful.

Regards
Old 10-Jun-2009, 12:37
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
not a great description of a lap to be honest, very basic - there are corners and straights would be as useful, for example Hall Bends is not quite as described and it doesn't even mention Coppice, one of the most important corners for a good lap time.

WeeJohnyB
Old 10-Jun-2009, 13:35
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Track guide? Here's mine from 2006 on my DD bike -

You lucky, lucky.....

For no reason than to support and encourage novices to think about their own laps/version/style etc..

This is running 15/40 sprockets on a '94 ss, max torque 5500, max hp 7500, trying to ride within this rev range, except when in top then going untill having to brake - 9000?

In top over the start line, chin hard on tank, elbows in, arse in air (not sitting in the seat) throttle hard to the stop.

Late entry to Coppice, still hard throttle, shift weight left, hang off, half arse to the left. Stand up the bike and change down one gear for entry to Charlies 1, no brakes, knee down at apex, run wide left over crest, deep breath as track appears, roll half of throttle to settle bike for Charlies 2, late entry, looking hard right down park straight, roll on throttle to stop as clip second rumble strip run wide to left side of park.

Hold to stop, change to top gear, assume the position (as above) for the straight...........waiting.......waiting......

Sit up as you see the change in tarmac, brake hard at new tarmac, down two gears, apex, acellerate hard to white line/rumble strip, change up at entry point (white dot) to

Chris curve, hard to the stop, letting the bike flow around Chris curve, don't run straight at all, run out wide, left white line for straight entry to the right of the gooseneck.

Roll of , no brakes and change down one as you shift the bike right to left at the gooseneck, accelrate hard into the left and dab knee on rumble strip.

Throttle hard down Mansfeild, light brakes, down one gear, turn in at white dot, look ahead to new chicane, push out wide to rumbles, up one gear, hard to new chicane.

Down one gear, light brakes, straight line into right then 'flop' left and hard on the throttle, up one gear.

Brake, down one gear, enter from late right into the left and try to hold tight left line into the entry of the right up the mountain. I aim for the left third of the mountain top and roll of over the top, back on it hard and change up one gear.

Late entry from the left into Hall, stay tight right then late turn left, close as possible to the white line, knee down on the rumbles, try and straight line the right up and accelerate over the left crest and brake hard, then down one gear for the hairpin.

Looking hard right, hold a tight line into the hairpin then running out to the white line on exit.

Up one gear for the entry to Barn, enter late from the left, try and hold a tight line and stand the bike up and accelarate hard as soon as you see the exit.

REPEAT 6 times... until you catch Phil and other DD friends....

This is good enough for a 1.53.77, just pipped by Glyn for the 583 lap record and 1/2 a second faster than me last year on the 675.

I can go quicker for sure, Phil and I pushed each other and he defended on our last flying lap and we ran these times. Right conditions and if I can sort my braking to Phil's level? I'd think a 1.52 is poss, maybe a high 1.51.
Old 10-Jun-2009, 14:00
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Miss you out there fella

Me, Cleggy & Lee Bown got down to 1.51's in 2007, my last 583 race.

Blimey best get my 620 skates on again...

Andy
Old 10-Jun-2009, 15:19
500SD
Bikes: 996 Bip

Mood: CITIUS EST MELIUS!
Wow, thanks for the detailed account. I my mind that's exactly how I'am going to do it
Old 11-Jun-2009, 14:51
500SD
Bikes: 899

Mood: Optomistic
Wow i'm worn out just reading it.....must try harder.

Thanks for the description.