WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
WOT!
You mean Rattlers 675?

Crash? Blew up? Meteor strike?
That's a nice bike, hope it's nothing terminal

A few top end engine noises and drop off in power ended the day early for me, not really sure what the problem is, but they didn't sound too healthy and I'm going to get it investigated quickly before any real damage may happen. (can running baffles cause serious engine issues?)

So many, many thanks to some very kind offers of help and bikes. I am always amazed at peoples generosity. I was offered 3 different bikes to ride on the trackday afternoon - amazing, didn't take anyone up on them, I didn't want to add any more expense to the day!!! - but many thanks to Lily, Grib and Cobby who all offered their steeds to me for the afternoon sessions.

And with the DSC trackday looming and my services as a Instructor / Marshall / tea Drinker now at risk (unless the 675 gets sorted in time), Lily very, very kindly has let me use her lovely Gixxer for this, many thanks. I'll look after him for sure (if I need him), but I'll give him a clean at least .

And if my 675 takes a lot longer to fix, Grib has also very kindly offered her 675 for me to do the Endurance racing in July on, !! Many thanks again, but I'm keenly looking at spare engines / bikes now and should be sorted by then, but a lovely, lovely offer.

And many thanks also to Chaz who took the 675 back with him yesterday afternoon and dropped the engine out last night. I'll get the engine to T3 tomorrow and hopefully turn it around in a week and can get out at Cadwell with the DSC massive. Subject to damage / part availability / rebuild time etc...

Blimey, its great to have friends eh? Thanks all.... I'd best get the "thankyou" Magners ready....

In the meantime, if anyone knows of a 675 engine or even a cheap 675 (Cat Insurance jobby) going, I could do with an engine quickly and could even build a wet bike!!!

Thanks
Tim
Old 04-Jun-2009, 13:53
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
hey mister, no worries on borrowing 'Gerald' he was sat there waiting for someone to give him some attention so all is good. A wash would be great but not necessary Be careful though, you may find you like him more than the 675

Hope you get your bike sorted soon, I am sure it will be up and running in no time!

get on throttle monkey and post up etc as lots of the endurance boys on there and a few folks with 675 and contacts that me be able to help.

ps, thanks for the wine, i have my eye on that for Saturday night
Old 04-Jun-2009, 14:10
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Bad news there fella, hope you get it sorted soon.

I've heard a few stories of engine damage after fitting db killers, etc. so do be careful if anyone is looking at quieting their cans down.

Andy
Old 04-Jun-2009, 14:43
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Looks like there's two of us in a rush to get bikes ready for Cadwell.

Our airbox doesn't even turn up til next week, I hope!

It'll be a surprise though, I won't be completely Jap for the two days