Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Oct-2005, 17:23
Mille

Mood: Got the S - waiting for the Termi's
Did they tell you which mod they did ?

Paul at Woods updated mine but it still freewheels sometimes....have they replaced yours with a Ducati item ?
Old 04-Oct-2005, 00:48
Montjuic

Hi UKRR

Yes that will be mine, I know Alan very well although I work for a different company (Alstom).

The clutch I am not sure what make they fitted I had to wait 5 weeks for parts which included, The basket including newly profiled ramps, spring (spider spring I guess its called) and new clutch plates and some other components basically the whole assembly.

The spring was found compressed and had failed (cracked) resulting in damage to the plates hense they had to be changed. I also complained about the cutting out and managed to get Ducati to foot the bill for the timing to be checked and the CO to be balanced between cyclinders (they tell me it was well out).

I will take the bike to work tomorrow if its dry and see how it performs, if your onsite pop into the office for a cuppa.

Regards

Dave
Old 04-Oct-2005, 16:03
Mille

Mood: Got the S - waiting for the Termi's
Dave

Got your message too late....was on site this morning and saw your 749R.
I've spoken to Paul at Woods and he did the same mod on yours as he did on mine but supplied a clutch plate kit with yours (I've asked him for the same for me).
Woods did the CO mod to mine when I had my Termi assymetric system fitted and that seems to have cured the stalling problem.
I'll pop in next time.
Old 05-Oct-2005, 13:58

HI, THE SLIPPER CLUTCH INCL. MY 05 IS SUB STANDARD FOR RACING. THEREFORE ITS INST. IN A STREET BIKE FOR HOMOLOGATION PURPOSES IS DISSAPOINTING. I FOUND THAT GEARING HELPED CONSIDERABLY. IVE REPLACED THE 35 REAR WITH A 38 AND WENT DOWN TO 14 IN THE FRONT THIS BARELY FITS WITH THE ORIG. CHAIN. THIS COMBINATION MAKES THE BIKE MUCH MORE STREETABLE.

P.S. EVEN WITH A FULL TERMY 57 AND TIT. SIL.,PC111 USB THAT I CUSTOM MAPPED PRODUCING 122.65/62.12 AT HE REAR THE GEARING WONT ROLL YOU OVER BACKWARD. GOOD LUCK.............................................. .............