Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Oct-2005, 13:08
Big Twin

749R flatspot or cutting out ?

The last couple of times that I have been out on my bike it has occasionally had a sort of flatspot or cuts out for a split second on part throttle. It seems to do it on left handers only but only about 3/4 times per ride and I do not know if it is just the bike missing a beat, cutting out momentarily, fuel starvation or a flat spot at certain throttle openings.
It has never done this in the past,or not that I have noticed, it just seems to have been the last couple of rides and like I said not every corner.

Any Ideas ???
Old 17-Oct-2005, 14:59
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
have you had the new ecu fitted?
Butch
Old 17-Oct-2005, 16:20
Big Twin

Just got the one fitted that came with my Termi assymetric Kit, is there a problem with these ?

By the way Butch, got my 209gp,s this morning, they look pointy as a witches hat !

Theyt should be ok for the road shouldnt they and did you find that they work on the 749R
Old 17-Oct-2005, 16:31
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
209's are very pointy, turn on a six-pence, that's why I like them... plenty of grip but need some heat in them, more of a track tyre than road, but plenty of grip all the same.

Sorry can't help you with the other problem
Old 17-Oct-2005, 17:05
Big Twin

I have Termi asymetric system on 749S (2003). With the ECU that came with the Termi it was fine, and had no flat spots. The ECU blew one channel (cut out one cylinder) so I reverted to the std ECU and added a Power Commander 3. With it tuned on a Dyno, it then developed a flat spot around 5k-6k rpm, that I hit nearly evey time I changed gear. I took it back and they tried to tune out the richness at the point and it's now better in one respect but developed a drop in power at that point. It's at a lower revs, about 4k, and I hit it sometimes so it feels a little flat, but goes well once through it. Symptoms are as you describe above. Pretty sure it was due to richness at that point, rather than too lean.

Bottom line is .... not sure what the bottom line is. I was initially very pleased with the PC3, but for the flat spot. Now it's a bit odd ... but I might take it on track and see how it goes without trying to dodge traffic all the time.

I might end up using the Ducati ECU when the new one (warranty claim) comes in. Jury is out at moment. I might see if there is a std map on the PC3 CD first though and try that.
Old 17-Oct-2005, 17:14
Mille

Mood: Got the S - waiting for the Termi's
There are a couple of things which you need to look at when changing the ECU and fitting a power commander.
The PC will hopefully sort out the fuel:air ratio (assuming its set up by a competent person)......you also need to make sure that the CO levels associated with the Ducati ECU are set up correctly as well (these are 2 different things).

The CO can be set by your Ducati dealer........the PC by your PC supplier.
Old 17-Oct-2005, 18:06
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
tried posting some infor from the moto-one website about cam timing and stalling which seems to go together??? have put it on the other thread, or check out moto-one it is an australian website
Old 17-Oct-2005, 18:10
Big Twin

They adjusted my cam timing on my 1 year service and it does not stall now, it is just this momentary /split second thing that happens every now and again as though the engine cut out switch has been flicked off then straight back on.Weird as it is not all the time !!
Old 17-Oct-2005, 18:50
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
Quote:
Originally posted by iang
Just got the one fitted that came with my Termi assymetric Kit, is there a problem with these ?

By the way Butch, got my 209gp,s this morning, they look pointy as a witches hat !

Theyt should be ok for the road shouldnt they and did you find that they work on the 749R

i may be wrong, but i did not think that the asymetric kit was available for the 749R
Old 17-Oct-2005, 20:33
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
"09's absolutely superb although as John says they do need a bit of heat in them, havnt ridden it on the road (now tucked up) i would imagen they would be a bit like super corsa's i.e not much fun on roundabouts in the wet!
Butch