Ducati Sporting Club UK
Stolen Bikes
Please read the guidelines on this thread before posting an entry

Old 15-Apr-2005, 01:06
Big Twin
Bikes: KTM Arsey Ocho

Mood: retiring
I know it is consolation, but I have got 10 police officers standin round my bike at the moment!!! It is safe for the time being. they have been there for an hour. I just popped out to see if they were after the termigs.....apparently they had caught a couple of youths stealing!!!
You want to be in south london!!!
Old 15-Apr-2005, 01:06
Big Twin
Bikes: KTM Arsey Ocho

Mood: retiring
sorry for your loss btw, I know how you feel!!! Hope you get it back!!
Old 15-Apr-2005, 02:32
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Have put it onto the bike newsgroup so it should reach a good audience there too.

Good luck with getting sorted. It's only a motorbike and there are plenty more out there - it's what we all pay insurance for! Just hope that it had a failure of the brakes as the thief had someone pull out on them...
Old 15-Apr-2005, 19:40
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
i know, but to me, it wasn't just a bike - it was the realisation of a dream and more importantly it was also a present to cheer myself up after suffering some really, really heavy s**t in my life.

the insurance may cover the price of a new bike, but it's a year's premium down the drain (£871 - due to a minor accident last year), the excess (£400) will be deducted from the settlement, i'll have to buy new locks and covers etc and also pay a new (increased) insurance premium. none of which i can really afford.

have you seen the amount of accessories that came with the bike? it was more or less exactly as i would have specced the bike if i'd started from scratch - once i'd got hold of a single seat unit, it would have been absolutely perfect. i think i'll be very lucky to find another bike of the same spec, in the same condition, with a full service history for the same price (£4k).

anyway, it's not just the money, as even if i can somehow afford to get another 748, i'm thinking that i shouldn't bother, because the same thieving scum will probably come back and nick that one as well. i've more or less been told by a number of people, and i've also had the same thoughts myself, "you can't own a bike like that and expect to hold on to it in london unless you have a garage". in other words, i should just buy a crappy runaround like my previous bike. i don't like having my choice of bike and therefore, my choice of pleasurable activity made for me by a bunch of thieving, parasitic, scumbag ratboys. would you?

also, not to mention the 6 - 8 weeks stuck in a car or on the bus whilst being overtaken by bikes...

[Edited on 15-4-2005 by zhed44]
Old 15-Apr-2005, 19:47
500SD

sorry, that last post sounded like i was having a go. didn't mean to come across like that - just feeling very raw.

thanks for posting the info on the newsgroup.

so many people have emailed me with support, sympathy and advice. i'm really touched

£500 reward. Full details and pics of the bike are on eBay at this link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Old 15-Apr-2005, 20:01
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
same thoughts here about having my freedom taken away - but i decided not to bow down and...... this weekend will be taking ownership of a 1 owner 748 2002 model(yellow) to replace my old one. yes i am worried, but like you that mechanical thing represented more than just a means of transport or even an iconic bike - and i am not going to have that taken away. It is 3 and a half months now and it still touches a nerve - you (like me and loads of others) spent time/effort getting the bike set to our satisfaction - for me little things like taking all the panels off and going thru the wiring/connectors checking, tidying and tying up and spraying with silicone - just to know that it is as good as can be. There are alot of good people on this site who are commiserating - it is not the money in the end - it is the "violation" for want of a better word - and having someone dictate what you can and can't do/have. hope the insurance is not a hassle - mine was OK, if you need any info let me know.
Old 16-Apr-2005, 00:08
500SD

yes, "violation" and "loss of freedom of choice" sum it up perfectly.

clouds and silver linings etc - i've had some of my faith in humanity restored by the support, sympathy, advice and encouragement i've received from you guys. THANKS if/when this is all sorted, and i'm mobile again i hope we can meet up one day for a beer and B-road blast at a ride out.

it's great that you're soon going to be on 2 wheels again. you must be raring to go! but i'm very jealous! hopefully that will be me in a month or 2.....

£500 reward. Full details and pics of the bike are on eBay at this link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Old 12-May-2005, 02:08
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
Zhed i totally feel for you m8, there cant possibly be a worse feeling in the world than your pride and joy being taken away from you.

Hope you find the ba$tards that stole it from you and chop theyre ball$ off, its what id do.

Might i also add there is no more satisfaction in the world than finding the folks that done my mate a bad turn once before, we set up a sting and camped a few nights waiting for them, took a few nights but they did turn up, only to be rushed by 6 of us, then bundled them into a van. the rest is history.

Rather gratifying feeling might i add.

i dont think they stole anything in my mates neighbourhood again.
take matters into your own hands, if you can that is.
/ian
Old 29-May-2005, 19:04
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Back to the top...

I read in the paper today (News of the Screws) that a guy in North London who had his Ducati stolen found the engine for sale on ebay and tipped off the police, which led to an arrest for burglary.

Is this the one and same? Would be a good result if it was.
Old 26-Aug-2005, 02:38
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
Back to the top...

I read in the paper today (News of the Screws) that a guy in North London who had his Ducati stolen found the engine for sale on ebay and tipped off the police, which led to an arrest for burglary.

Is this the one and same? Would be a good result if it was.