Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Aug-2006, 19:18
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM
Red Mist springs to mind

Is Red mist what you had put in those chocolate brownies you and Lily had been feeding me all day? I did feel strange after I had eaten a few.

Its a conspiracy I tell you, you said you were both going to get me and you did.
Old 03-Aug-2006, 22:54
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
hey don't go blaming me, i was back in the garage!!

You were going really well and I was mighty impressed with the improvement since last time... just got a bit too giddy trying to get to the edge of the tyres

Old 04-Aug-2006, 00:42
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily
hey don't go blaming me, i was back in the garage!!

You were going really well and I was mighty impressed with the improvement since last time... just got a bit too giddy trying to get to the edge of the tyres

My mate John says you came in after one lap and picked up a can of oil and was last seen running down to the hairpin. I thought I saw you hiding in the bushes there near the pool of oil. I was enjoying myself following Jon round and it certainly improved my pace round there, I just got frustrated by not being able to get past the bloke on the R1 or whatever it was, it took Jon a couple of laps to get by him and then I was unable to get past and Jon was vanishing so youre right I got a bit giddy and give it just a lttle too much gas coming out Shell oils trying to drive past R1 bloke and down I went.

No major damage to the 996r thanks to Barrys fairings and fork protectors etc, probably cost more to repair my leathers (BKS) than the bike. Theres a hole big enough to get my hand through in the seat area of them. I was thankful for my back protector as my cocsyx is still very sore, I dread to think how sore it would be without the protector doing its job. It was sliding on my back over the kerb that hurt, I was surprised when I picked myself up to see how jagged the kerb is at that point. The kerb directly on the exit is nice and smooth and rounded but then further down the track it turns into a sort of sawtooth pattern with a sort of step every few inches!?

Thanks to both of you for a good day out and a bed for the night etc. I'm going to start booking Oulton without telling either of you so I can get some practice in.