Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 29-Sep-2006, 12:08
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Just had a check of the post and I make it 8 received in so far, including yours Murray.

I am aware of at least another 7 on their way to me.

Not bad in less than a week since the forms went out and we haven't finished the 2006 season yet.

Last edited by ChrisBushell : 29-Sep-2006 at 12:10.
Old 29-Sep-2006, 12:14
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Hi Chris,
When is planned the first meeting with New Era about next season? (i.e. date for which the more commitment we'll have the best it will be...).
Old 29-Sep-2006, 12:17
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood
The DSC club does not commit anything financially, is that the question.?

The commitment as I think Chris B explained, is where the DD riders, express intent and commitment by sending in a completed application form and a £200 cheque. Chris B or who ever, can then talk to New era from a position confidence with X amount of riders who have applied to race DD next year and completed a form and attached a cheque. As a supplier, New Era should be comforted knowing that there are actually a core of DD riders who have demonstrated an intent to race, not just sitting on the fence waiting for the best thing to come along...etc...

That's my view, I'm happy with the process, it's worked for the last two years?!

Yes, The question was does the club have to commit to any financial costs to get DD agreed with New Era for the next season. I've got no problem with it if it does and the current system with riders committing with a deposit seems perfectly reasonable to me.

The question was asked as I felt that if there are fees the club commits to relying upon racers to support it then its also reasonable that all DSC members should be made aware of it like they are with trackdays and it might then help racers understand why deposits are needed early and why refunds might not be possible.

Paul has partly answered it but not confirmed that there are no financial implications.

Please note this isn't a dig at DD or the MT, I'm fully aware that its a well supported part of this club, its simply trying to get an understanding of what the implications are.
Old 29-Sep-2006, 12:18
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Tonio,

Normally we go into see New Era towards the end of October, once they have their provisional calendar. I have already given an indication to New Era of the kind of numbers that we think we may have; we now need you lot to get your forms back so that I can confirm that to them.

Per the information you already have, all we now need to do is review dates and tracks to build our schedule arround the 1 race per month idea.

Final dates and tracks will probably be early February 2007.
Old 29-Sep-2006, 12:22
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Yes, The question was does the club have to commit to any financial costs to get DD agreed with New Era for the next season. I've got no problem with it if it does and the current system with riders committing with a deposit seems perfectly reasonable to me.

The question was asked as I felt that if there are fees the club commits to relying upon racers to support it then its also reasonable that all DSC members should be made aware of it like they are with trackdays and it might then help racers understand why deposits are needed early and why refunds might not be possible.

Paul has partly answered it but not confirmed that there are no financial implications.

Please note this isn't a dig at DD or the MT, I'm fully aware that its a well supported part of this club, its simply trying to get an understanding of what the implications are.

Michael

The Club is carefull to ensure that we do not give any financial guarentees regarding grids on DD.

We certainly haven't or intend for 2007 to commit any Club funds in support of DD to New Era.

The side issue on this will be the Assen round, where the Club will probably purchase a grid on behalf of the riders, this makes sense from an Admin point of view. BUT WE WILL HAVE ALREADY COLLECTED THE MONEY FROM THE RIDERS

So there should be no concerns from the general membership
Old 29-Sep-2006, 12:25
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
Michael

The Club is carefull to ensure that we do not give any financial guarentees regarding grids on DD.

We certainly haven't or intend for 2007 to commit any Club funds in support of DD to New Era.

The side issue on this will be the Assen round, where the Club will probably purchase a grid on behalf of the riders, this makes sense from an Admin point of view. BUT WE WILL HAVE ALREADY COLLECTED THE MONEY FROM THE RIDERS

So there should be no concerns from the general membership

Thanks Chris, a nice clear concise reply exactly what was needed
Old 29-Sep-2006, 12:25
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

OK Michael, There are no financial implications or commitments to the club in general apart from possibly funding some of the trophies (still under review for 2007 season with a view to getting them sponsored fully)

To answer Tonio, we've already had the first meeting with New Era re. 2007 and very positive it was too. The race dates obviously wont be finalised for a fair while as the race calendar (which we have no control over) isn't issued yet.

This is down to the circuit owners and New Era to thrash out as the circuits are obviously used for international meetings and other than bike events throughout the year so its a question of slotting that all together.

The sooner we know what people want to do the better chance we have of getting space allocated to us.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 29-Sep-2006, 12:38
888 at Last !!!

Mood: make poverty history - cheaper Dukes now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
Murray

Absolutely right mate.

1) The riders want the Club to organise a series.

2) The Club goes to New Era to get tracks and races. New Era looks for commitment, from the Club.

3) New Era & the DSC agree so many prospective riders in each class, thus we need 1 or 2 grids, etc.

4) If riders dont commit up front, then how are the Club able to commit?

I realise it is all chiken & egg, but trust (commitment) has to start somewhere.

absolutely right. I personally am buying a DD race bike, which has a value far in excess of the £200, and only has much value as long as there is a DD series to race it in. that is my personal level of commitment, but I fully understand you can't take this to NE to show rider commitment for the series!
my question was, if for unforseen circumstances (smashed up bike,blown engine,broken legs, divorce ) I be unable to race in the series, would I get the £200 back in full or part?
just a thought, have had them all apart from the divorce....
Old 29-Sep-2006, 16:00
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

The deposit only becomes payable if you pull out after we lock down the series. This is normally in early February, when in effect you commit to entering all of the rounds.

Remember that in 207 it is proposed that you will only be able to drop one race score, not two. Thus you will need to attend all rounds to have the best chance of acheiving a high position at the end of the year!
Old 29-Sep-2006, 16:51
888 at Last !!!

Mood: make poverty history - cheaper Dukes now!
thats great - all I needed to know.