Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 05-Feb-2006, 22:34
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
\'97 WSB Season

Some of you may know im building a replica track bike based on foggys '97 racer, so thought it would be cool to watch the '97 season again on video so I could see the bike in action..

What a corker of a season that was !!! (you forget dont you ??!)

Had it all..close racing, and I know weve all had a bit of dig at foggy on the forum in the last 12 months after hes been shooting his mouth off, but christ - what a rider !!

Best bits so far I forgot about;

- Kocinski licking copious amounts of HRC arse at every interview opportunity by saying how he and Honda were the perfect match and how he wished they'd got together sooner (Domski take note - this is how to treat yer sponsors - ha ha !!!)

- Rutter turning over the big boys as a wild card at a very wet brands race on the V&M RC45

- Russell saving a COLOSSAL highside at Monza on the YZF

- Yanagawa on top form on the lardy arsed ZX7, and pushing Foggy VERY hard at the A1 ring for the top spot

- Foggy chucking the championship away at the A1 Ring by going into a corner too hot pursuing Kockinski and nearly wiping them both out (it was between the two of them for the championship if you remember).

But how unclucky was Crafar ? - wiped out near the front about 3 or 4 times - main culprits being Chili and Foggy.

A season that had it all as far as I'm concerned - and perhaps the turning point of Ducati not having it all their on way in the championship after HRC pulled their fingers out of their arses !

So come on folks - lock the kids away..grab a six pack out the fridge , get those old vids out and take a trip down memory lane !!

Any other fave seasons ?

Cheers
Nat

[Edited on 5-2-2006 by Nattyboy]

Old 05-Feb-2006, 22:35
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Quote:
Originally posted by Nattyboy
Some of you may know ive been building a replica track bike based on foggys '97 racer, so thought it would be cool to watch the '97 season again on video so I could see the bike in action..

What a corker of a season that was !!! (you forget dont you ??!)

Had it all..close racing, and I know weve all had a bit of dig at foggy on the forum in the last 12 months after hes been shooting his mouth off, but christ - what a rider !!

Best bits so far I forgot about;

- Kocinski licking copious amounts of HRC arse at every interview opportunity by saying how he and Honda were the perfect match and how he wished they'd got together sooner (Domski take note - this is how to treat yer sponsors - ha ha !!!)

- Rutter turning over the big boys as a wild card at a very wet brands race on the V&M RC45

- Russell saving a COLOSSAL highside at Monza on the YZF

- Yanagawa on top farm on the lardy arsed ZX7, and pushing Foggy VERY hard at the A1 ring for the top spot

- Foggy chucking the championship away at the A1 Ring by going into a corner too hot pursuing Kockinski (it was between the two of them for the championship if you remember).

But how unclucky was Crafar ? - wiped out near the front about 3 or 4 times - main culprits being Chili and Foggy.

A season that had it all as far as I'm concerned - and perhaps the turning point of Ducati not having it all their on way in the championship.

So come on folks - lock the kids away..grab a six pack out the fridge , get those old vids out and take a trip down memory lane !!

Any other fave seasons ?

Cheers
Nat
Old 05-Feb-2006, 22:41
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Wasn't that the year that Corser had the massive crash going into the last round and lost his title chance? Lost his spleen or something like that?
Old 05-Feb-2006, 22:58
Mille

TP, think that was '98?

My fave has to be the epic Edwards V Bayliss - that was awesome and hats off to the Texas Tornado. He deserved it.

Also enjoyed the Hodgson/Walker battle in BSB.

I was sat in the entrance to the Ally Pally on Saturday morning waiting for my mate to show up and they were showing this on the TV. Bunch of blokes all dolled up in the Suck-suzi fleeces etc. giving it "Wa**a!" everytime Hodgson came off - seemed to go quiet when they showed the last round at Donnington though........

"Permission for bottom lip to quiver Sir"...............

:P

[Edited on 5-2-2006 by JACKO748S]