Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-May-2005, 08:10
Mille

749 exhaust

Hey all, i've been reading the posts for a while (wealth of info) and finally decided to join. i sold my ss a couple of years back to have a crack at motocross but my dirt mad friend has finally seen the light and passed his test so in the near future i'll be back on the road in the market for a 749s.

i love the look of the wsbex can but am guessing its not legal and extremely loud (are there any sound clips anywhere?). i had a race can on my last bike and it sounded great but plod didn't think so. is there anything that can be done to quiet it down a bit? i dont want it too quiet but i dont want to p*ss the neighbours off if you know what i mean. also what street legal cans are out there, i cant find many, not even a termi!!? hopefully it's just my shoddy searching skills. any info on aftermarket cans will be gratefully recieved as i'm out of touch.

thanks in advance.
Old 09-May-2005, 08:49
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
I know where there is a 53 plate 749S mono in yellow for sale , genuine lady owner , 700 miles only , immaculate.

The owner bought this bike to replace one which was written off in an accident but has lost her nerve (temporarily I hope) and wants to sell it.

At the moment it has fitted a Termi full system , 54mm with Titanium end can , Ducati Performance carbon hugger , Ducati performance blue anodised clutch pressure plate and a gold anodised open clutch cover , the bike also has a DP paddock stand.

For sale as is (with all standard parts included) £7500 ono

Or for sale standard for £6500 ono
Old 09-May-2005, 18:29
Mille

thats sound great but im not into yellow bikes. i hope she gets her nerve back, took me 4 years. do you know if the termi system is legal?
Old 09-May-2005, 20:23
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
the termi is not road legal, no cat etc,

but enough of her exhaust, is she fit and whats her number???
Old 10-May-2005, 08:13
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
The Termi is not road legal (110db system) but this has nothing to do with not having a cat , there is no legislation at the moment in the UK forcing bike manufacturers to fit them , Ducati and others have just jumped the gun.

Yes , she is very fit , she runs a sub 12 minute 3k and her pb for a marathon is 3:24 , her number is the same as mine

............if you change your mind about the yellow , let me know
Old 10-May-2005, 17:31
Mille

bloody hell she is fast! ...i doubt i'll change my mind though i prefer the lady in red. still cant find a can so i guess its very loud or very quiet then
Old 14-May-2005, 19:43
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
I have a WSB style can on my bike, sounds awesome . it was me and a couple of mates that developed this one and now they sell it as the RaceFit can.

Been stopped a number of times in the odd spot check for speed and number plate etc. To date I've never had any hassle with the can. Thing is to use your common sense .... if you see the law, pull the clutch and coast along. If they follow you, keep the revs below 3 to 4,000.

If your around Derbyshire let me know I'll gladly meet up and let you check it out for looks and sound.
Old 14-May-2005, 23:08
Mille

the can looks spot on! i live in norfolk which is a bit of trek but i'm sure i'll be out that way at some point so i might take you up on that.

i know where you're coming from about keeping low rpm in villages etc but they can hear you at least a mile before they see you (before i see them more importantly), its pretty flat/quiet out here in the sticks! so im hoping to keep it legal-ish at least until my gasto points are removed next year

thanks for the offer!