Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Aug-2006, 10:53
Mille

Mood: He's not happy {:o( He's back at sea!
Yup, top day all round for me Monday. Couldn't do the Tuesday
I think I would have been completely immobile if I had anyway.
Deffo' for next time work rota allowing.

BTW What's the website name of the main man with the BIG Nikon & F2.8 400mm who walked miles and took some superb shots from the quick look I had at the raw data Mon eve?

Buy lots of pix guys, this man deserves lots more than he is getting from the mags. I will be.

Plus he's as good as the Gold & Goose set up.

Sorry **** at names.

Ains.
Old 24-Aug-2006, 10:58
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
The photographer is our very own Guido, Guy Cope

http://www.copeimages.com/index.htm
Old 24-Aug-2006, 12:33
Montjuic
Bikes: BMW800GS, Honda Firestorm

Mood: Life feels like more fun from a bike
thanks for a fab 2 days

I had an excellent time, still not recovered. Big Thanks to Dibble for lending his bike - especially since he wasn't even there, and Doug for bringing it up for us. I wasn't booked for day 2 so when I got talked into doing it I had to find bikes to ride. So thanks to Rally, Everton, Skidlids, AK/CK and Whele - finally talked me into taking out his R1. I'm glad you can get Cadwell, it has to be the best, most fun track ever.
Thanks to all the hard-workers for organising. Really appreciated it all.
Catherine
Old 24-Aug-2006, 13:48
500SD

I'll add my support for the two day format. The Monday evening relaxing with Pig'n'Pudding was very nice. I even enjoyed the c-c-camping (and I thought my camping days were over!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz
Thanks to Mike (Rally) for helping me sort my right-hand mirror, sorry about the language mate, that thing always gets me emotional.

No worries. Glad that I was able to help. In fact, thinking about it, it was the nearest thing I had to doing a bit of spanner work the entire trip. The lil 748 behaved impeccably despite the gear selection abuse I gave it (RACE SHIFT!!). I apologise to anyone who was following me down Park Straight when I forgot which way the lever should go

Quote:
Originally Posted by rin_sun
I had to find bikes to ride. So thanks to Rally...

You seemed to enjoy it Catherine Thanks to you and Gary for the chats & keeping my beers cool in your fridge

Roll on next years!
Old 24-Aug-2006, 14:41
Bikes: 916

Mood: The start of a new era, great days ahead.
I have really enjoyed the two days. Both the 916 and the Ns400r worked well and no probs or scraps. i would sign up again for the two days and Cadwell would be great, after seeing the prices of the other course's and the benefits well out class other tracks. I would also be asking for more advice regarding my riding and style from the many talented riders i have seen. Very impressive. Can't wait for the pictures...
Old 24-Aug-2006, 15:34
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
It was good seeing that little NSR out Andy, glad it went home in the same condition it arrived in-made me wish I had got my finger out and brought the TZ250 out to play-as did riding Mutters RS250 Aprilia.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 24-Aug-2006, 15:45
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
I wish you'd got your finger out and brought the Wee Beastie as well.....I was going well on Tuesday, it would have been fun to have taken her out, never mind, there's always next year. Your NSR looked lovely Andy, you don't see many of them about mate.

WeeJohnyB
Old 24-Aug-2006, 15:46
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Me too, you said I could have a ride Monty you b u g g e r!
Old 24-Aug-2006, 18:29
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
What can i add, i think most people have already echoed my thoughts, I just got home about 3 hours ago, the 18 hour ferry trip over to harwich was full of suspense of what the two days would bring and how i would cope with it, I arrived late saterday afternoon at my brothers house (Chris.P) in lincoln, Sunday was spent setting up the bikes, unfortunatly his 748 was playing up so we decided to run my 996 back to back in fast and inters, Monday was a blast and despite the wet start the day turned out to be a good one.

Tuesday morning dawned with good weather and all looked good for the day, A new set of tyres were sorted for the 996 and Chris.P was running a loned bike all was going well untill a loose nut dumped oil and the bike was put in the trailer for the rest of the day, My other brother had shown up so a quicik word with Lizze had him booked into the novice group so my bike was running in all three sessions, unfortunatly the last inters session of the day saw me joining two other riders who had come off at Charlies. (not sure who you were guys but you looked lonely sat on the tyre wall that i thought i would join you )

Bikes were packed into the trailer and an eavening spent discussing the two days and watching the on bike film we had taken, a 4 hour drive down to harwich saw me crashed out in my cabin for the duration of the crossing back to Denmark.

Two days on the track and being able to put faces to names and chat to some of them was well worth the ferry cost, role on next year is all i can say.

While i would still settle for a one day event, two days is awesome and would get my vote every time.

Let me know the dates in advance so i can book the ferry and i will be there.
Old 24-Aug-2006, 22:16
Regional Organiser - Northumberland / N.E.
Bevel Head

Wasn't there but heard and read so much that I'm looking to join in next year! Depends on getting my act together and having the use of both arms by then ...