Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 08-Jun-2009, 08:58
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Last nights Apprentice final

Whilst enjoying a closely matched contest and agreeing with the outcome, one of our boys made an interesting statement:

"Sir Alan seemed to remove all the non white applicants as soon as he could from the initial contest and it was noticable that not one of them was invited back to help with the final - is he trying to send a message?"

Quite perceptive I thought.

Discuss!
Old 08-Jun-2009, 09:03
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
I would imagine that everyone was invited back but not everyone wanted to, or were free to make the final.

Why anyone would want to work for Alan Sugar is beyond me, the blokes a ****. IMHO.
Old 08-Jun-2009, 10:12
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col996s
I would imagine that everyone was invited back but not everyone wanted to, or were free to make the final.

Why anyone would want to work for Alan Sugar is beyond me, the blokes a ****. IMHO.

Don't you mean Lord Sugar of the Labour party cabinet back door

He was on the Andrew Marr show on Sunday & mumbled his way though the interview he could hardly put a sentence together & kept repeating himself.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8087667.stm

Last edited by Chaz : 08-Jun-2009 at 10:26.
Old 08-Jun-2009, 12:31
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col996s

Ed Zackery. Who would want to be (more or less) a personal slave to a coarse, arrogant, dick-swinging, money-grubbing old dinosaur like him?

And with respect to the issue of Sralan's appointment to the Govt:

(1) He's not immune from making astonishingly bad predictions even in his own field (for example, in 2005 he confidently predicted that the iPod would be dead and buried by the following Christmas), so I'm not exactly filled with confidence at his ability to steer other businesses or the country as a whole through uncharted waters.

(2) He is, at best, a mediocre businessman. Amstrad ended up as a bit of a failure, his em@iler phone was an anachronistic white elephant and he has described his time at Spurs as "A waste of my life". In fact most of his money has been made on property speculation, which (a) doesn't require a great deal of brains, and (b) is, to a large extent, what got the UK economy into the mess it is in at the moment.

(3) His ethics are questionable. During last year's final, one of the candidates was discovered to have lied in his CV. Nevertheless, Sralan gave him the job and the much vaunted and coveted "six figure salary". In most businesses, if a successful applicant is subsquently found to have told lies in their application, it would earn them the sack and quite possibly a claim for breach of contract. It's also a criminal offence (obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception). However, in Sralan's barrow boy world, deception and underhand behaviour is rewarded. What sort of message does this send to the country?

(4) If Gordon Brown wanted to distract the press and public with a shallow celebrity appointment, he should at least have nominated someone with a bit more credibility - Joanna Lumley for the Foreign Office anyone?

Last edited by zhed44 : 08-Jun-2009 at 15:47.
Old 08-Jun-2009, 12:46
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
You quite like him then.
Old 08-Jun-2009, 13:40
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
I wonder who is going to replace Margaret then?
Old 08-Jun-2009, 17:55
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
I wonder who is going to replace Margaret then?

Maybe another Margaret....Thatcher, she would go down a bomb with Sir Alan

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit