Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 29-Sep-2006, 15:01
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
My father spends half of the year out in Turkey, - living on his boat. He retired and spent years sailing around the Med, got to Turkey and has neither gone forward or back, - Marmaris marina. It is a cheap friendly place, - he has been al over the Bordrum region and a lot of Turkey with many Turkish friends that he has met, - and he has been invited to so many local family weddings and the like. Prices of property are going up; - investment is going into the tourist areas. As has been pointed out a good investment can be had on a country pre acceptance into the EU, - but Turkey has been told that it will not get EU status for a while yet, - until it sorts out many issues that it has, - some human rights. If you ever want a good easy going book to read on turkey, - “Birds without wings” by Louis de Berniere, it has an interesting mix of novel with historical fact through the rise of Mustafa Kemal (Ataturk). Couple of things, - they are into motorbikes, mostly big trallies and they love football, oh and don’t go on a day trip to Greece from Turkey, - it is not worth the hassle, Agamemnon’s boys have still not forgiven Paris.

Nat, - my Dad is over their right now, but due back in a few weeks time if you want to speak to him do let me know.
Old 29-Sep-2006, 17:21
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Thanks Ian..really useful stuff there.

Well...IVE DONE IT!! Just banged a £2k deposit on the flexible friend so no going back now !!!! Negotiated a bit off an got them to throw in the air con units !!

Thanks again everyone for your opinions

Heres a photo I took of the plot weve bought..gives you an idea..all the green area in front cant be built on because its a conservation area..

Cheers

Nat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Plot 37 resize.JPG (124.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 29-Sep-2006, 18:22
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken
I bought a turkey last December. It was very tasty and I have no regrets.

CANNIBAL!! How could you?

From what I've seen, read and heard, just about the most important point of buying abroad is to use a solicitor who is familiar with the pitfalls of buying in your country of choice.

Also if I was paying anything up front I would want some form of bond or insurance to cover any risk.....builders seem to have a habit of going bust and leaving people thousands of pounds out of pocket.

Also, if it's meant to be an investment it's worth adding up the total cost including interest. We've got a ''hut'' in Wales and if we factor in mortgage payments, rates, electric, water, insurance costs and maintenance etc. and sold up tomorrow we would just break even.

And don't forget that if Labour get into power again they will probably try and tax you for owning it.

But when you get there and sit out on a summer evening with your glass of brown ale I guarantee you will think it's worth every penny and all your troubles will be left behind.

My advice would be follow your heart and do it.....but don't ignore your head
Old 29-Sep-2006, 19:07
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
All sorted Philthy - part of the deal was that I kept the T8..you should have heard her..!

" I know its a bit more than we wanted to spend love but you dont really use your 888 very much - how much could you get for it ???"

I nearly punched her - lol !!! Sell my pride and joy 888 - whats that saying ? - "Sell my 888 ?i'd rather shove wasps up my arse"!!

Nat