Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Feb-2005, 23:10
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
Andy your bang on....the mark should be up the top like the other fork leg...it makes no difference to measurement...just needs to be tuned 180 in the yoke to match the other fork top.
Old 08-Feb-2005, 17:29
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by tp-996

Did you order the 'sedici then?

Not sure if you've already said ... [/quote]

not yet!
Old 11-Feb-2005, 20:14
Big Twin

Mood: r
going to jhp tomorrow to get my 749,johns done his best to get it 100% but hes awaiting more parts to achive this,ducati uk also very help full to resolve cut-out problem,thats the latest folks
Old 11-Feb-2005, 20:33
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by DucSoon?
"Is it only an "R" problem or not?
Ah, and is it exclusive to the 748/749 models or does it extends to the 998/999????
Sorry for asking so many questions guys, but i'm seriously thinking about getting a Duc."
My 998S was always cutting out in traffic.Great out on the open road,but come into a town and it would cut out.I just got used to blipping the throttle now and again to clear the tubes.
The 999 has cut out a few times,usually when the engine is very hot and you are pootling.Here's an example,crawling through the gates at Donington after the GP.Or after a hard ride you come into town and the lights take forever to change.Nothing I cant live with.
The bike has never cut out while on the move.
Old 14-Feb-2005, 22:59
Mille

Mood: Shiney
My 748R did it a few times when I first had it, set it up with a JHP chip 4.5 to5% co and raised the idle to 1400rpm and its sorted. Just got that bogging left when its been on idle at lights for a while. Powercommander next.

Weve found a lot of Dukes die rolling up to lights and an increase in idle speed sorts it. Almost as if the standard factory idle isnt quite enough with some Dukes.
Old 14-Feb-2005, 23:32
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Chippy had terrible problems with his 749 always failing to idle and cutting out, even after it had been serviced, it was actually worse after having the throttle butterflies synchronised.
The problem was greatly reduced by simply increasing the idle
here is the thread
http://217.199.188.40/xmb/viewthread...4414#pid125094
Old 23-Feb-2005, 00:08
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
I find it quite amusing to see all this whingeing about cutting out. If you can't cope with a high performance bike's foibles (as in something that is almost a race bike) then you should go get yourselves a nice little commuter. Anything in the state of tune that a 749R or 748R is in will be less than perfectly mannered at low engine speeds... they designed to be ragged..not plodded around on!
Old 23-Feb-2005, 00:14

Quote:
Originally posted by pedro
it cuts when you slow down from any speed to a stand still,around the 20mph mark when moving with a closed throttle

This might be complete ******** - but my Carb model 900ss suffered exactly the same symptoms due to carb icing. Is it possible, that a fuel injected Duke can also suffer icing (don't forget that it is the moist air that freezes, not the fuel).

Silkolene Pro FST (Fuel System Treatment) - a kind of anti-freeze worked for me. May be worth a try - about £7 quid a bottle.
Old 23-Feb-2005, 09:04
Big Twin

Mood: r
its not a ? about copeing with a race bike twpd,the 749r is sold by ducati with indicators,number plate etc for road use,its a road bike,the bike should tick over on its side stand & when coming to a holt.
Old 27-Feb-2005, 02:35
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
Quote:
Originally posted by twpd
I find it quite amusing to see all this whingeing about cutting out. If you can't cope with a high performance bike's foibles (as in something that is almost a race bike) then you should go get yourselves a nice little commuter. Anything in the state of tune that a 749R or 748R is in will be less than perfectly mannered at low engine speeds... they designed to be ragged..not plodded around on!

I can't say what the 748R was like, but what happens on the 749R is not the result of a highly tuned engine, it is a fault. On a bad day it will stall almost every time that you downshift.