Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Feb-2005, 22:19
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Coffee and a double Bailey's?

Coffee and a double whiskey?

Coffee and a double cointreau?
Old 26-Feb-2005, 22:48

steady on there adam, thanks for the support but to be honest i,m bored with this thread .i got a bit revd up but hey its only opinions. i.m a big boy now & i.m sure theres gonna be another time i ruffle some feathers, no ill feeling to anyone now then hacksaw ,welder & subframe Mmmm just might work
Old 26-Feb-2005, 23:09
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by tony h
why buy 45mm termi open cans . ive reworked my standard 996 cans by using the standard ends & aluminium sleeve dont get me wrong its not as simple as it sounds but now ive got road legal stamped race cans with new stainess steel internals for a fraction of the cost of second hand ones if anyones interested let me know ?

Done this mod a few times now with good results. I have since sold the bikes with the cans on and although you end up with cans that are marked for road use mine were actually on race/track bikes Old Yella has my old 748 that had the recored 916 cans and were on the bike when I raced it at Silverstone last October and the other cans that were recored were 996 ones that are slightlt longer than the 916 ones and will be found blasting around Pembrey tomorrow with Senna3 as they are on the 916 Strada he now owns. They sound every bit as good as my Carbon Termis and are far more robust when it comes to crashing. Yes they are heavier but not as heavy as they were originally all in all its a worth while conversion. I know have another set I am thinking of getting done this time the alloy sleeves have been stove enameled black.
As they say you pay your money and take your choice or in this case you don't pay your money.
Is it just me that likes to have my bikes crashable, in that I'm not to worried about damaging my bike, anybody that knows my 916 will know what I mean.

Kev
Old 27-Feb-2005, 10:15
Big Twin
Bikes: Kawasaki ZX10r D6f, Dawes XC2.4, Planet X Superlight Pro Carbon

Mood: aving a laff
No comment on the attitude of some posters, I dont think I need to, just comments on the can modifications and a ramble.

Got carbon termi's with the 998 when I bought it, but last year in North Yorkshire if you were spotted with carbon exhausts, whether legal or not you were pulled and checked, VRN'd or fined and yes they were there with the DoT man with a noise meter parked outside the police station in Sherburn on more than one occasion.
Once you were pulled then the visor was brought into it and the little number plate and you ended up with a big fine, or if all three were found to be illegal then court, instead of just a VRN or a £30 fine.
For that reason I sold the Carbon cans to go covert, bought Titanium Termi's for what I got for the carbon ones so no outlay and they looked near standard when on fly by with the throttle shut in top gear
If I was spotted then PC.Plod would not have the same reason/inclination to stop me over a carbon canned rider and I did not get stopped once last year in over 4000miles.

I have now decided that the carbon 'looks' better then Ti and am in the process of re sleeving them in Carbon to match the airbox but thats my bling decision which has cost me nothing except for some new wadding which was going to be done this year anyway.
If I had gone for the reasonable option I would have had the standard cans Bora'd like the ones on the 748 I got off of Skids so I would not get a second glance of the police but then again "there louder than my Termi's!"

I will be emailing you Tony for some details as I have read all your info and think that your mod is excellent and with the added knowledge that the removable baffle can be fitted/removed whenever necessary then its got to be a real world option to the people who dont have the disposable income that a lot of peeps on here have.
As you say though, it could be spent on trackdays

I'll get my coat
Old 27-Feb-2005, 12:48
500SD

I would appreciate a bit more detail/drawing of the mods,being a bricklayer not an engineer the more step by step the better,If your ok sharing your knowledge.Email me at akaeric@dawson01.wanadoo.co.uk or post here.
Thanks.
Old 27-Feb-2005, 14:09
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally posted by tony h
bang head brick wall against .does anyone understand what my mod consists of .i ...have....the...option.....of.....a.....removable ....baffle...when inside the can it acts very similar to the standard baffle . so if you did get pulled by the old bill the chances of gettin nicked are slim & the chances of him gettin a tool box out stripin ya can & check the baffle or compare it to standard termi inners is what (mr_s) same goes for mot time oh & while i remember lets not forget to **** baines racing for bu**ering cans . startin to think 1 of 3 things (1) someone is very sad (2)its a bit of a wind up(3)theyve got a bit of a thing about coppers (u wear the cuffs tonight luv ) may never find out

Interesting bit about your post Tony is that at least 2 of the posters ARE serving traffic officers-and neither of them made and negative comments-read into that what you may.........
I used to have carbon cans(Ducati Performance bought cheaply secondhand) on my ST4S but it was too LOUD so changed back to standard-I don't think I miss the 2bhp! I don't know why-as an exhaust designer you may-but the ST range are much louder on race pipes than the 7/9** series-possibly to do with pipe length?

John
Old 27-Feb-2005, 14:40
Mille

Mood: Big bill-money well spent
I U2U'd tony h for some more info on his mod, he hasn't got back to me yet but it would be easier for him to go into detail on here rather than reply to individuals.
Obviously he doesn't recommend the mods for road use officer.
Old 27-Feb-2005, 19:08
Mille

Mood: Shiney
Talking of being pulled by the feds. They are s#@t hot in Warwickshire and I speak to many riders who have been pulled and fined for cans and visors and interestingly enough small plates.

Coppers hate small plates, every Traffic officer I know get told to go for small plates, while they have your attetion they might aswell do you for anything else.

My particular slant on this is when 13 bikes are pulled over all of the riders had one or more of the above offences present, I myself had 50mm`s and an irridium visor, only the guys with small plates got tickets for one or more offences.

doesnt take much working out.

Nice mod on the cans by the way Tony.
Old 28-Feb-2005, 09:46
Big Twin

Mood: Black and grey (and a bit of red)
Good grief, what a load of fuss about sod all !

I said, I'm glad that Tony was pleased with his mods, but in my opinion, Termi's are preferable.

What's elitist about that ? I bet at least 80% of folks on here have Termi's on their Duke.

Get a life, some of you.
Old 28-Feb-2005, 10:06
Mille

Mood: For Sale...
That was clear chap and I enjoyed 'quiet' pun