Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Dec-2005, 12:46
RCA

There was an article in last weeks MCN about this, but Ducati dealers are having a nightmare with 749. They have paid up stock on a bike that is not shifting and is depreciating by the minute, it is clearly a buyers market especially on that bike. I would say the situation is as bad, if not worse, as Bennelli's RS's. They have halved the RRP, and still they cannot shift them, now that is a shocker!!!

My advice is to ring round all the Ducati dealers and basically gage who is the most desperate. That's what I did when I bought my R1 and saved £1500 of list price, got 0% finance over 3 years and paid no deposit...(and they said it could'nt be done....)

However, if you want the Ducati experience and are worried about residuals you need to be looking at the 996SPS (£6500+) or 996R (£8500+). A bigger outlay but you will loose less money over time. It’s exactly the same as buying a used/new car, if you want to take a massive hit with a car, buy a jag. If you want to loose virtually nothing buy a facelift model Boxster 3.2S in black with black leather, fully loaded. The only problem is finding one, and the fact that you have to drive round in a car that screams 'I cannot afford a 911....'

RCA!!
Old 16-Dec-2005, 13:07
Bevel Head

thanks for the advice. will b doing exactly that
Old 16-Dec-2005, 14:39
RCA

You should be able to pick up a new 749 for virtually trade, as most dealers wil be glad to see the back of them. You may need to take a weekend off, but gage which 3 dealers are suggesting the best deal and drive to them all with a lump of cash, remember CASH IS KING!!!
Old 16-Dec-2005, 14:45
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Fed up...
I've always found that if you take their finance you get a better deal, as long as you are able to do early settlement with no penalties.
Old 16-Dec-2005, 15:24
RCA

Yeah that's why I got my R1 cheap (no cheap jokes please...), the dealer gets a nice commision chq for every finance deal. However, no Ducati dealer is gonna give you a discount and 0%. They are under strict orders to protect Mr C's image and brand, even if their product is a dog.
Old 16-Dec-2005, 16:01
Mille

Mood: red and proud !!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by megalite
i'd say they r taking the **** by asking for a ridiculous price

no you were taking the p**s !!
Old 16-Dec-2005, 16:33
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
I wouldn't rise to it Chris.

I told him exactly how to find out the price of a 749 in my very first reply to him on the other thread.

If he asks nicely i have a copy of the latest GAP sat right in front of me.

The questions still begs belief. You either have the money or you don't???

One minute it is 4k, then you have 5, then 4.4k.

What the hell are you doing playing online Poker trying to win enough to buy a Duke???

Top tip.

Decide on a budget and stick to it, work out the cost of insurance, servicing etc (If you don't have a clue about some of the figures ask we will be more than happy to help)

Then and only then start shopping around for bikes.

It will stop you wasting your own time but more importantly the good people of this boards time who are trying to flog their bikes by making bids that you have no intention of backing up.

Regards

ScottyB
Old 16-Dec-2005, 17:36
GTL

IF YOU are serious about buying a bike GO and look for one, there are a couple of 749 s for sale on Ebay in your budget.
Or as others have said ring around, you have had alot of help so now its up to you to find it, poeple on here cant do it for you !!
Old 16-Dec-2005, 17:39
Mille

Mood: red and proud !!!!
well said scotty & rick
Old 16-Dec-2005, 17:44
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by ScottyB
What the hell are you doing playing online Poker trying to win enough to buy another Duke???

...uhm...yep