Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Mar-2012, 22:21
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
I've run an 18 Brembo Race Radial on my 748 for around 5 years with a pressure switch without any problems at all. Just make sure you buy a good quality one.

Thanks. Could you give me some names?

cheers
Simon
Old 26-Mar-2012, 22:30
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by r15suk
Thanks. Could you give me some names?

I think mine is a HEL, but even if it isn't I would buy one:
http://www.moto-racing.co.uk/cat--Mo...cessories.html

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 27-Mar-2012, 20:29
Mille

Thanks for all your replies.

Simon
Old 27-Mar-2012, 21:14

Hi guys, i'm new here so go easy!! Been lurking in the background for a while but its now time to ask for advise!!

Just been reading this thread with interest as i'm currently digging around trying to find a suitable replacement master cylinder for my '01 996.

Reason for this is I was supplied a rebuild kit for my existing unit, but on stripping down is completely different and have now been told that they're not available for my bike

Even nipped down to KTM (like last year when they supplied me with new pistons and seals for my calipers after Ducati told me politely to go away!!) but to no avail....

Now i've been offered a complete radial master cylinder set up from an '09 Aprilia RSV4 for a reasonable price but would like to be 100% sure it'll fit and be compatible...

Sitting here with baited breath awaiting your answers!!!

Thanks in advance,

Roger
Old 27-Mar-2012, 22:16
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
It'll fit ok. It's basically the same lever as the 1098. They're 18mm bore but still an improvement.
Old 27-Mar-2012, 22:28

Thanks for that, i'll set the ball in motion and hopefully be back on the road for the weekend....1st outing of the year and all that!!
Old 03-Apr-2012, 09:59
500SD
Bikes: Honda CB350 K4, Ducati 749s

P4 Capilers, braided hoses and a 19 brembo master cylinder. The whole lot will cost you (off ebay) in the region of £250 - £300. When you buy the hoses make sure you speak to the companies first as they may not be the standard fittments. plus they may not take returns. I found Hel and Goodridge really helpful.
Old 03-Apr-2012, 10:55
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spjallen
P4 Capilers, braided hoses and a 19 brembo master cylinder. The whole lot will cost you (off ebay) in the region of £250 - £300. When you buy the hoses make sure you speak to the companies first as they may not be the standard fittments. plus they may not take returns. I found Hel and Goodridge really helpful.

and if anything like mine, is a better set up than the EVO ones on an 848....must check my pads on 848 in case thats why...
Old 03-Apr-2012, 21:15
Montjuic

have a set of silver brembo P4 calipers from a 749/ 999 in excellent nick for sale

they have been modified by DWR dave woods racing to work with 15mm offset rotors (as found on the Ohlins forked ducatis) on the standard showa/marzocchi forks found on the Monster 748/916/996/998 etc

this was done to allow swapping of a front wheel between bikes without the need to change rotors each time

i have a set of used but good brembo 15mm offset, 6 hole pattern 320mm rotors from a 996R to go with them

want £200 for the set of calipers and rotors
please pm me if interested
Old 17-May-2012, 23:57

UPDATE!!! My master cylinder turned up, complete with brake light micro switch still attached!!

Fitted perfectly, just had to mount the res bracket to one of the clip on bolts.

Bled it up and took her out last weekend, all I can say is what a difference!!

No more hard lever, lots of feel and enough stopping power to lift the back wheel off the floor when pulled hard.

All in all the best £125 i've spent in a long time!!!