Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Mar-2004, 17:52
500SD

Mood: Double 9, Single 6.

One other thing i wanted to ask. Is it worth getting the flywheel lightend. I have heard stories of bikes that have had it done that do not tick over properly afterwoods. But i have also heard about how it makes the engine pick up quicker and rev smoother.
Old 06-Mar-2004, 18:08
Dibble

DC

I have the lightened flywheel fitted (courtesy of Sigma Performance) and the tickover does seem to be a little laboured at first but once up to temperature it does seem fine.

It did take some of the character out of the engine as it smooths it all out, at first I didn't like it but have since got used to it ....

Did you buy yours as an 853 or get it done yourself ..???
Old 06-Mar-2004, 20:35
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
DC

I have the lightened flywheel fitted (courtesy of Sigma Performance) and the tickover does seem to be a little laboured at first but once up to temperature it does seem fine.

It did take some of the character out of the engine as it smooths it all out, at first I didn't like it but have since got used to it ....

Did you buy yours as an 853 or get it done yourself ..???

Hello Dibble,

I had sigma carry out the engine work. I found Neil to be a top bloke. Since i have managed to get my engine run in. I think it is exellent.

The 748 was my arrival into Ducati ownership. I loved the bike but coming off of an R1. I did find the engine a tiny bit gutless. The 853 conversion really had made it a truly brilliant bike to ride. It spins up real quick like a 748 should do. But now has grunt to match. It makes power longer and carrys on where the 748 would start to tail off. According to Neil at sigma, it makes roughly the same power as a standard 916.

It also lifts the front coming out of corners when cranked over. A bit like my old R1.

Old 06-Mar-2004, 21:23
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Skidlids, as standard without the starter motor, the battery is a YTX4. When I fitted the starter motor two years ago, I switched to a YTX7, which is the biggest battery that still fits into the race battery tray. The YTX7 is the same width and depth, just taller. I've run it like that with the race alternator for two years now, and it works just fine. Just make sure you get it fully charged before a trackday/race meet. It cranks the starter without any problems.
Old 06-Mar-2004, 21:36
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Thanks for the info Felix, the 748RS came with a YTX7 battery in its samll carbon fibre battery tray, so it looks like that will also be getting fitted to the 955 along with a lot of other bits from the RS
Old 06-Mar-2004, 22:28
Dibble

DC

Neils a top boy, he comes on our Kent ride outs, you'll have to get yerself this side of the river one sunday mate ....
Old 07-Mar-2004, 08:37

Engine mods

DP engine upgrade on my 998 - cams, chip, 50mm titanium termis.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by centurysup]
Old 07-Mar-2004, 10:22
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
DC

Neils a top boy, he comes on our Kent ride outs, you'll have to get yerself this side of the river one sunday mate ....

Thnaks for the invite. I certainly will.

DC.
Old 07-Mar-2004, 11:36
Big Twin

Mood: r
mods

im happy with my 998s with termis & other bits that cost lots when you fall off im going to drop a tooth at the front but thats it for me. if i wanted to do lots more mph,i would have went for a busa thing im chufffffed to bittttts i got me a duke
Old 07-Mar-2004, 19:28
Mille

Mood: The medication helps!
853 conversion
oil cooler
52mm jhp exhaustes
jhp chip
jhp air filter (keeps the **** out)
jhp vented clutch and red pressure plate
jhp clutch slave cylinder
jhp sprocket cover

AP cast iron floating discs