Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 03-Jan-2006, 05:28
Mille

748 oil window & Spark plug wires

Well, finally went out to sort my 748 running problems based on the fine advice received from readers of my earlier post (http://ducatisportingclub.com/xmb/vi....php?tid=27682)

In the process of checking the plugs noticed to my horror that no oil was present in the porthole. Only done 1500 miles since purchase from the dealer and whilst I'm stupid not to have checked didn't think about it as no warning light appeared - doh. Took the lower plug out and it was oily/wet and some white smoke appears in one of the exhausts on start up. Does this mean I've 'seized' one of the cylinders and would this explain the poor running / complete lack of power.

A search through the archives seems to suggest that oil consumption is a problem early on but surely not to dry in 1500 miles?

If I fill up and run it again will this make matters worse or is it already stuffed due to the 3 mile limp home? Also any hope of getting this done under dealer warranty??

D

[Edited on 3-1-2006 by djb]