Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Feb-2012, 15:02

Modified 851/888s wanted for Practical Sportsbikes feature

Hello,

Practical Sportsbikes is tracking down five modified 851/888 series for one of our 'Five of the Best' features. We're looking for bikes that have gone beyond a set of Termis and an EPROM chip - we want bikes that are faster, lighter, better looking or all three. They don't have to be Corse-equipped - they just need to show what can be done with them.

It's not a riding feature, so you don't have to worry about making a mess of your pride and joy in the salt and filth. We'll be looking to gather the five bikes we pick in one location in a couple of weeks time, so you'll need to be able to bunk off work for a day realistically, to give us time to take the pictures we need (lots) and get all the info down on your bike.

If you've got a bike you'd like to be included, my email address is chris.newbigging@bauermedia.co.uk. Send a brief rundown of what's been done, and one picture. Please don't send loads of pictures though, my pathetic email box will crash under the load!

Cheers

Chris Newbigging
Features Editor
Old 10-Feb-2012, 20:18
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Jasper get in there, yours has to be worth a feature.
Same Mag that did the 6 pages on me and my Ducatis last year

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 10-Feb-2012, 21:06
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I'd imagine Tom Roberts may have a good example too
Old 10-Feb-2012, 21:17
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Hi Chris - you definitely need to speak to Jasper as he has a 888 SP5, a very rare beast indeed! He'll be along shortly...

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 12-Feb-2012, 22:14
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 848 and 583 dd race bike

Sounds like the offer you gave me with my rossi rep job chris
Old 13-Feb-2012, 14:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 848spence
Sounds like the offer you gave me with my rossi rep job chris

Again, apologies for the massive balls up over that. I had the wrap company primed and ready to do it - all it needed was one of the paper's designer to come up with the design. I gave them all the press images they needed to mock it up too. He put it off, and off, and off... until the real bike was out and I'd left. Hopeless.

It wasn't an empty promise as such, I put a lot of time in trying to get it together as it was in my interests to run the story too. It just fell down when it came to relying on someone else.

Sorry we strung you along, once again. At least I'm on a team I can rely on now.

Chris
Old 13-Feb-2012, 23:15
Ducati Corse

I have replied.Alas I am in the middle of a 23mm rear wheel spindle Corsa upgrade,not sure if I can get it together in time,but will try!!
Old 14-Feb-2012, 20:10
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 848 and 583 dd race bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucksack16
Again, apologies for the massive balls up over that. I had the wrap company primed and ready to do it - all it needed was one of the paper's designer to come up with the design. I gave them all the press images they needed to mock it up too. He put it off, and off, and off... until the real bike was out and I'd left. Hopeless.

It wasn't an empty promise as such, I put a lot of time in trying to get it together as it was in my interests to run the story too. It just fell down when it came to relying on someone else.

Sorry we strung you along, once again. At least I'm on a team I can rely on now.

Chris

Was little disappointed to say the least as i didnt have a phone call or email to say it wasnt to be. Well if you ever need a 848 or DD race bike for a feature etc I'd be more than happy to help you out at your new job