Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 02-Feb-2005, 19:03
500SD

Well I have always rated him Highly and he has my support.He rode 250 class with less power than factory boys and shone .I hope he does well and throws a few spanners in the works and he will also help Michael Laverty.
Old 02-Feb-2005, 19:10
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Got to say I find myself in complete agreement with Weeksy-hows that one eh Steve!!
Jezza NEVER got top machinery, but everything he rode he rode the wheels off-apart from Donnington in the rain on the 450 Aprillia twin against all the fours his finest hour has got to have been pole at Phillip Island on the KR Proton-fastest ever two stroke lap of Phillip Island. If he had been Spanish or Italian he would have been given top factory machinery and then-who knows. The MotoGP bikes flatter a lot of riders as they are supposedly a lot easier to ride than the old 500's which were vicious beast's in comparison. There were apparently only about 8-10 riders in the world who could handle a 500GP bike-Jezza is one of them.
I think it will be VERY interesting, Paul Bird wanted him, and he's no fool when it comes to picking riders.

John(Off his soap box now)
Old 02-Feb-2005, 19:23
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
Quote:
Originally posted by beancounter
Oh

No I'm not kidding ! just always found McWilliams massively over-rated (except for arrogance i.e. the difference between how good you think you are and how good you really are !)
Statistics don't lie. Rossi is a top rider, McWilliams isn't. End of.

I was going to say that having met Jerremy arrogance is certainly not something I would accuse him of .However considering your stance that you have stated your view and that it is an end to the disscussion I have to bow to your superior experiance of being arrogant
Old 03-Feb-2005, 10:12
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
Got to say I find myself in complete agreement with Weeksy-hows that one eh Steve!!
Jezza NEVER got top machinery, but everything he rode he rode the wheels off-apart from Donnington in the rain on the 450 Aprillia twin against all the fours his finest hour has got to have been pole at Phillip Island on the KR Proton-fastest ever two stroke lap of Phillip Island. If he had been Spanish or Italian he would have been given top factory machinery and then-who knows. The MotoGP bikes flatter a lot of riders as they are supposedly a lot easier to ride than the old 500's which were vicious beast's in comparison. There were apparently only about 8-10 riders in the world who could handle a 500GP bike-Jezza is one of them.
I think it will be VERY interesting, Paul Bird wanted him, and he's no fool when it comes to picking riders.

John(Off his soap box now)

So what happned when he signed Emmett?
Old 03-Feb-2005, 10:29
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Jez isn't arrogant - he has strong opinions and few inhibitions against expressing them! That isn't a combination that everyone enjoys, which is possibly why some biking fans (and maybe factories, too) don't take too well to him.
At least he doesn't strike you as dull, like some top riders that could be mentioned.
Old 03-Feb-2005, 11:04
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
It wasn't the change to Emmett that gave the monstermob problems more like the Change to a 999 on Dunlops, When Emmett got back on a 998 at Castle Combe he certainly showed his true speed just ask Rutter and the HRC guys that were there with their factory Fireblades
Old 03-Feb-2005, 11:10
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
It wasn't the change to Emmett that gave the monstermob problems more like the Change to a 999 on Dunlops, When Emmett got back on a 998 at Castle Combe he certainly showed his true speed just ask Rutter and the HRC guys that were there with their factory Fireblades
Yes but you can't deny that despite his prodigous speed he's a bit of a clown!

Hand off the handle bars waving, nearly crashes then loses the race .... If I was Birdy I would have taken him out the back!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit